Disney+ South Africa

It’s on! Disney+ launches on 18 May in SA at R119 per month or R1190 annually!

The service will launch with exclusive original content and thousands of episodes and movies from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and general entertainment from Star.

“Disney+ offers access to high-quality viewing up to four concurrent streams, unlimited downloads on up to ten devices, and the ability to set up to seven different profiles, including the ability for parents to set Kids Profiles that have an easy-to-navigate, child-friendly interface to access age-appropriate content."

3 Likes

Shows and movies confirmed so far for the Disney+ SA launch:

Shows which have already been confirmed at launch, include:

• The Book of Boba Fett
  • The Mandalorian
  • Moon Knight
  • Shang-Chi and the Legend of The Ten Rings
  • Luca
  • Encanto
  • Cruella
  • The Simpsons
  • The Kardashians

ETA: Just found @SIGSTART’s MyBB post. Lots more content details in there. Cos he’s like a real journalist, and all.

6 Likes

I’m so stoked for the Kardashians. I can finally see the history to their empire.

5 Likes

Aww shucks… I do try :smiley:

5 Likes

Not a bad price, definitely more generous with the number of profiles you can create.

3 Likes

Haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere, but I was wondering if this would give access to the entire Disney catalogue, or is it purely a streaming service?

1 Like

It’s a streaming service with a large bulk of the Disney catalogue available. It does differ per region (ala Netflix), but I do have a VPN to access region locked content. We watch Disney+ a LOT more than other streaming services, especially with our son.

2 Likes

I’d love to trial it and see if the content available is going to be worth keeping a sub for.
Have to wait for launch since they kept declining all my payment options as my CC shows South Africa and thus kept declining my registration, even with using things like Paypal…

Patience is a virtue… I just aint virtuous :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Sign up on an Android or Apple device using a VPN (and a US account for either) and just buy a prepaid voucher of Amazon and load it to that account. The subscription then goes off the account’s wallet. I used to have it through Android, but subsequently I had issues loading a US voucher physically outside the US (I even tried from an AWS server located in the US). So I reverted to the iTunes route, which has been working great for me. I buy a $25 voucher at a time, which is enough for 4 months’ subscription fees at $7.99.

EDIT: But regarding content, I find it to be great. I love the old Disney / Fox catalogue of shows and the newer Marvel and Star Wars series are obviously top class. New Disney and Pixar movies launch day 1 on the platform as well (like Soul, Luca, Enchanto and Turning Red).

4 Likes

I tried using vouchers but since I only have android it is a pain, no apple device to use so the bypass doesn’t work for me. Launching iTunes on a pc still blocks me from loading US based vouchers for the billing work around :frowning: I’ll just wait for the launch here then use the VPN bypass for location services.

I would love to check the old star wars stuff again…

2 Likes

You need a US-based account on iTunes to load a US voucher and be connected to a VPN. That’s my experience, anyway. I also load the voucher on iTunes against my US account and signed up with Disney+ using that account on my son’s iPad.

1 Like

Patience young padawan…

4 Likes

Its hilarious, @Nimatek has patience in a lot of things…

But this… Nope

3 Likes

Something like this is just stupid in my books, i understand why they have to do it for licensing etc, i just hate it :smiley:

2 Likes

No prizes for guessing what the first new series that will be watched in The Redd Cantina is:

Premiere date moves from 25th to 27th, but we get two episodes to watch instead. Fair compromise.

5 Likes

So what your saying is I should wait a few months to take my 14-day trial…

2 Likes

Gotta make that trial worth it.

3 Likes

Posters says they are coming middle of May so gonna try it then. Can’t wait!

2 Likes

I will pay for it if we can share the account like Netflix :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Pre-Registration for Disney+ SA is now open.

Pre-launch offer of R950 for the first full year of subscription. = R79.17pm compared to usual R119 per month. Only valid for the first year and requires registration before 18 May.

Disney+ South Africa – Pre-Register now to watch TV Shows, Movies, Live Sports (disneyplus.com)

2 Likes