Do you ever buy products from sales call centres?

I don’t know about you people but I get so many calls from people who want to sell me stuff. But there’s no chance that I’ll buy something over the phone from some random person who phones me.

Have any of you ever bought anything?

1 Like

On the off chance that it might be something I that I might be interested in, I’ll tell them that it all sounds very good, but to send it to me in an email so I can go through everything on my own time as I don’t buy anything over the phone on principle.
They usually don’t send anything though.

6 Likes

Never. I never answer either.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I agree with the general consensus - especially these days we can’t be sure if its a scam or not.

1 Like

Never have, ever will.

TruCaller is your friend… I dont even answer these anymore…

2 Likes

Never.

I even once opened with “I won’t buy anything” they ignored it and read me their pitch anyway.

I block them with truecaller and if they somehow manage to get through I drop the phone on them. I consider them parasites, worse then spam mail. I will not buy anything from them out of principle.

I once got a call from a call centre that was selling a product I was actually in the market of buying. I listened to the sales pitch and they wanted to do the sale over the phone right there and then. I told them I’m not giving out any personal details without getting all information over email. I’m still waiting for that email.

Another time I was called by “my bank”. They again wanted to confirm and sell something related to my account, but first wanted me to confirm details for my own security. I told them no, because I didn’t call them, so I don’t want to confirm anything. The person got very annoyed at that and promptly put the phone down.

Moral of the story children, never give personal information over the phone to anyone.

3 Likes

I got a call the other day as well from ‘My Bank’…
The FIRST thing they did was ask for my ID number to confirm it was me. I asked them what the call was about and they said they needed my ID number first. Told them if they think I am giving them the details they are very wrong.

Told them to mail me, still waiting for the email

I actually had a legitimate call once where they asked for my ID. I told them I’m not giving it out over the phone. They proceeded to read it back to me and asked if I would confirm that is the correct one. I freaked out. “I told you I’m not giving you my ID over the phone, and then you proceed to read somebody’s ID number??”

1 Like