Don’t Assume My Topic Thread

I’m so gatvol of this school now—another email of no prior communication nor consent of newfound ways to recoup money.

Your invoice is attached for the photocopy levy for the month of April
and May, there will be no need to supply paper per term going forward as
you will be invoiced monthly.

Please remit payment at your earliest convenience.

1 Like

Morning people of the palace

Have a great day

@Beo its maybe time to start looking for a new school?

1 Like

Yeah, we have been over the past week or three, but only really considering it for next year or waiting for this year to round up. Seem these latest issues are just pushing that closer and wanting something to happen sooner.

Currently, we would really love the boys to go to Oaklands Academy.

3 Likes

That sounds like a great place to be honest. Even if you stick it out for the year, get your applications in for next year

1 Like

When are you wanting to go? And where do you get the passport? At the embassy?

1 Like

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Official LEGO Thread

Probably next year, need to finish studying this year still, can just jaunt off for a month. Yeah, will get the passport at the Embassy, think they send it over in the diplomatic mail.

2 Likes

Loadshedding ‘upgraded’ to stage 4

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/Eskom_SA/status/1526176603809755137?

Well I was expecting full blown stage 4, ack, @czc beat me to it

3 Likes

Good morning!

:grinning::wave:

3 Likes

Mkrning people of the Palace have a great day

2 Likes

Morning all.

Decided to call in sick for today and just give my body a chance to rest.

4 Likes

Good morning everyone.

So the other company that my boss bought from an old guy that died is registered on governments central supplier database. The funny thing is they have the old owner noted as deceased but they still wanted an email address for him.

3 Likes

Looks like I get an hour tonight

2 Likes

Hello julle!

So, my old man went for an ECG stress test a while ago and felt a little faint, so the doc scheduled him to get an angiogram. This happened today and if there were problems they might have put a stent in.

As it turns out the cardiologist seems to think a stent wont help and is recommending a bypass.

Going to pay my dad a visit tonight and discuss. He says nope, he is too busy to do it soon, and wants to wait a month or 2. The doc says this is the best case scenario where we picked up a problem early. Lets not wait until it becomes serious…

I guess my ballie is just scared of the op (with due reason) but we as a family would rather have him taken care of early, than wait it out. We want to convince him before his ultimate stubbornness kicks in. Thats gonna be tough!

7 Likes

Here’s praying he listens to reason.

4 Likes

Yeah, rather catch it early. My boet has just recently had a bypass done.

1 Like

Us old chops can be stubborn as heck sometimes. Especially when it comes to health things. We’re big and strongly and manly men you know!?

I pretended I was fine and landed up critically anemic, hospitalised, and needing liters of blood pumped into me before I started taking my issues seriously. Tell your dad not to be like me.

Also, maybe chat to @Shrike - he has a wealth of heart related medical experience. :heart:

4 Likes

Yes, bypass surgery is open heart which is 6-8 weeks recovery. The procedure itself is pretty routine these days, a lot of people I spoke to about open heart surgery had bypass done. I am not going to lie though, the first 3 days of recovery in the cardiac ICU was really really hard. My advice is to tell your dad people have these all the time and come out fine, which is true.
Then if he goes, gear up for the recovery, he will need solid post op support at home, he will need a LOT of encouragement to do all the walking/exercises prescribed. It will be about 6 months before he feels anywhere near normal.
It is vital that he does exactly as his physio tells him to do, he will need someone to be hard on him about it if he slacks off or 6-8 weeks recovery will become a lot more.

If you need anything in more detail about recovery, I can help.

5 Likes

Morning all. Midweek madness. Good luck.

:grinning::wave:

2 Likes