Don’t Assume My Topic Thread

Eventually got round to building my Christmas present:

7 Likes

Good morning everyone. Enjoy the day.

3 Likes

hey Everyone

I need some help. We are using an ip voip phone as an intercom for our complex. I am however struggeling to get this damned phone to not keep changing it ip address(usually when there is some sort of power failure) and then also getting this phone to display the contact details of the residents correctly.

the one problem with the contacts is that we keep the contacts on google and then download a csv file to upload to the phone. we are using only data entries per contact (Unit #, name, number) but obviously google has like bajillions of data fields and then the phone gets confused.

Is there a simple way a complete noob like me can edit the csv file from google to to import it directly to the phone as i don’t want to spend hours manually uploading(which i have done before and the data still managed to get screwed up) the contacts onto this phone…

I am at my wits end with this phone and getting contacts to work correctly. Also the phone is not currently connected to a computer as we dont have one, so i have to go to the guardhouse with my laptop in order to update the phone once a month.

This is the voip phone we have
MIS-FAN-X3S - Fanvil 4SIP Colour Screen

1 Like

I am assuming the phone is connected to a router, so what could be done is to set the router to reserve an IP address for the phone, that way even if the phone were to completely reset itself or set itself to DHCP, the router will still give it the same IP as the IP would be linked the the MAC address of the phone itself. Unfortunately I don’t work with CSV files enough to be able to give advice on that sorry.

3 Likes

Morning people of the palace

Have a good day

3 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Wordle word of the day showoff thread

Morning all. Happy Monday!
:grinning::wave:

1 Like

Good morning everyone.

3 Likes

We need a Wordle Topic…

4 Likes

I was gonna save it for the brute force next week but will rather do it now

2 Likes

Smart :wink: You should have waited…

2 Likes

If I didn’t someone else would have sniped me lol

1 Like

:anguished: My RAM when loading Cities: Skylines

2 Likes

How big/populated is your map? >_<

1 Like

Just started.

2 Likes

Too many mods maybe? How many are you using? Disable or uninstall any you don’t really need. Maybe even turn them all off and see what resources a vanilla install uses to compare.

Of course if you aren’t using any mods then I don’t know… :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Jip my City Skylines does the same. City of about 60000 and just over 500 mod assets. Take about 5 minutes to load the game lol

2 Likes

I’m curious to see how the Quest 2 will handle it with Cities VR later this year. Can’t wait to build and explore my towns and cities in VR!

1 Like

No mods, but maybe all the DLC contributes to the loading too.

That sounds like it could be interesting. Let us know.

1 Like

Morning all.

How are you doing @FarligOpptreden ?

@czc did you happen to come right with your Cities problem?

3 Likes