Don’t Assume My Topic Thread

So, this is how my loadshedding went… stage 4 14:00 to 16:30 but then stage 6 kicked in and we got 16:00 to 20:30 but wait there is more! We now went back to stage 4, meaning we are now down from 22:00 until 00:30. That means if my math is right, we have been/will be down for about 8 hours and 30 minutes [many angry and controversial words that will get me banned and thrown in jail]

4 Likes

Morning everyone.

That was the earliest I’ve gone to bed in a long time.

3 Likes

Yeah I been going to bed 10om every night as a result, my back is killing me!

3 Likes

Morning all.

:grinning::wave:

More load shedding for us in a few minutes. It’s really been messing with my productivity and focus. If there has to be load shedding I wish they’d just pick a number and stick with that for however long it takes. The constant changes do my head in. @TechThief’s experience is the perfect example of the frustration this kak has been causing.

Oh hell, look at me wanting to normalise Stage 2 load shedding. What have you done to me Eskom?!

5 Likes

Greetings Happy stage 6 Wednesday

3 Likes

We’re in a similar boat to @Ani. We rarely get load shedding as such - I think because I live close to a mine, hospital, water plant, and the police station.

Before you guys all queue up to move in though, we do get regular random power outages. I’m busy with the fourth one for June - been going on since 8 last night. I’ve been running the gennie most of the evening last night to have coffee and a little bit of heat in the house, didn’t sleep well since I didn’t have electricity for my CPAP machine, and got up early to turn the gennie on again to get the appliances doing their applying. I’m working from home this week, so burning some more fuel while waiting for the municipality to handle their shit.

Already planning on spending my 13th check due next month on some inverters and batteries to get my solar ball rolling.

Summary: Cranky Avatar this morning.

Edit: Power came back around 09:00. 4% less cranky now.

4 Likes

Morning people of the palace

Have a good day

2 Likes

Silver lining, I’m sleeping so well, cos there’s no power and no point to being awake, after the sun goes down

2 Likes

Im getting gatvol cos I have work to do and we don’t have power so I cant do all of it fast.

Ive lost so many files thanks to an old pc and pastel …

1 Like

Hallos, hope everyone is keeping warm and sane through all this loadshedding

3 Likes

Schedule has changed on eskomsepush it seems, my times were all out of whack until I re-added my district

1 Like

Looks like we’re having a turn at the “no power for the whole day” thing again. LS this morning, no power back, 2 hours later we get this…

Scheduled for more LS from 16:00-20:30 so will only find out then if power is restored. I am so done with this kak.

5 Likes

Our power did not go off when it was supposed to, so now we are playing loadshedding roulette, who fkn knows when we will have loadshedding now, which is almost as bad as getting loadshedding, because the whole day was planned around the time we we would have been off.

5 Likes

ja its really crap… loadhsedding is going to bankrupt my complex because everytime we come back from loadhsedding there is a surge that breaks something. And there is a whole suburb that also does not come after each loadshedding…

4 Likes

Yeah also got home now and the power was on all day.

2 Likes

Ever get that feeling where everything seems to be going wrong, or everything is coming undone?

Yeah. That.

3 Likes

Join the club been living it for a while

2 Likes

Hopefully the plans for Joburg will actually materialise to mitigate load shedding like CoCT does.

4 Likes

Morning all.

:grinning::wave:

To be fair to the hardworking technicians, we got power back earlier than expected yesterday - at 16:00 just as LS was due to start. Then we did the Load Shedding Roulette thing like @TechThief for 4 hours. To their credit, they didn’t cut us off so we could at least keep a little heat going. But everyone was too kak scared to turn anything else on in case things went off unexpectedly.

Anyway, all’s well and we’re back to our scheduled load shedding this morning again. :neutral_face:

4 Likes

An example of Stockholm syndrome if ever I have seen one. Normal is always new.

2 Likes