Don’t Assume My Topic Thread

Good morning everyone.

3 Likes

Hey everyone. These load-shedding stints are not only messing with my gaming vibes but also my motorsport time and my sleep game.

4 Likes

Yeah, its been a tough period.

3 Likes

I can’t recall if there was ever a specific thread for tech purchases and buying advice etc?

1 Like

Hmm, I think there was something - will have a look

1 Like

This is probably the thread you’re looking for.

2 Likes

Ossim, thanks. I found the same one and just wanted a consensus that it bore the same understanding.

2 Likes

We’ve got a 14 hour planned outage tomorrow… Or is it just extended loadshedding in disguise?

2 Likes

Afternoon all

Slept badly last night, only got up now. Still feel groggy and icky.

Now for our second loadshitting for the day and no water again…

3 Likes

Still no water, its fun cooking with no water… Luckily we have some bottled water. But cant wash hands, flush the loo or anything. Also need to figure out how to override the geyser setting that we can run it manually cos of the no water/loadshitting we have no hot water either.

2 Likes

Use your swimming pool as a source of water for flushing. Just dunk a bucket in.

2 Likes

We used buckets and tank water. Fun to collect in this cold rainy weather.

Water just came on but it will go off soon,

A fire hydrant has popped.

edit i managed to grab a lovely 3 min HOT shower… First in over a, week where its not lukewarm

2 Likes

You sure that’s not on purpose? Joburg Water often open the fire hydrants in the area after a major repair so that air in the pipes can escape and to lessen the pressure buildup while the water starts flowing again.

1 Like

Tubular Tuesday to all!

:grinning::wave:

4 Likes

Totally.

3 Likes

We’re supposed to be having a team dinner next week Monday at The Bistro Sixteen82. The problem is the place is like an hour’s drive from home.

2 Likes

Good morning everyone.

2 Likes

Morning people of the palace have a great day

[quote=“GregRedd, post:2475, topic:3873”]
You sure that’s not on purpose? Joburg Water often open the fire hydrants in the area after a major repair so that air in the pipes can escape and to lessen the pressure buildup while the water starts flowing again.
[/quote] - You are correct they just didnt tell us that was the plan.

Altho guess what?!

Alother one on the block next to us…

2 Likes

Burst water pipe?

2 Likes

Yup 3rd in the last 2 weeks. . .