Don’t Assume My Topic Thread

Yup 3rd in the last 2 weeks. . .

Good morning everyone

4 Likes

'Ello Guv’ners and Guv’neressesess Es.

Being back at work is no fun. Think I need a holiday.

5 Likes

So yay the last of the paperwork is out of the office, question, bank statements how long do we keep those? And I know building contracts and all physical papers is 5 years am I correct? 99% of our stuff is digital but we have a lot of old paperwork predating the 5 years and I am unsure how long to keep important documents like very old IRP5 - pre2000, as well as invoices pre2010… I need to know because we are running out of space and I need to decide what to keep and burn.

1 Like

I think 5 years is the standard, try longer but as a minimum go with 5.

1 Like

Ive asked on Legal Talk South Africa, the standard is 7 years. So tomorrow I will go thru the papers and anything older than 2015 I will destroy.

3 Likes

Consider scanning it in with your phone and storing it in a google drive rather than just destroying it. You never know when you might need old records. It’s not too much work either. Make a folder in drive on your phone. Hit the new button and select scan. Take picture, confirm that it came out right and hit OK. Woop, upload. Next doc. Plus, scan, picture, confirm, OK.

2 Likes

The bulk of it is on digital format. The old stuff I am talking about are IRP 5’s from the 1990’s, there are old invoices that we paid from the same period. Its things we havent looked at in years. The important documents are all in pdf format on the 2 pc’s and half on the cloud - some wouldnt upload.

Besides the only calls we get are for the Stucke Harrison Architects that was based in Gauteng. Which we never had any documents for.

1 Like

7 years as far as i know for most things

2 Likes

We got to Wednesday! Good job. Give yourself a pat on the back!

:grinning::wave:

3 Likes

Good morning everyone.

3 Likes

Aloha.

For some reason I don’t see any of Jeremy Loops’ albums on YouTube Music.

3 Likes

Bloody hell but the past few weeks have been hectic. Every time I think this will be the week I become more active, life gets in the way, and throw a curveball. This time it was my daughter getting pneumonia. Luckily only a light case, but still pneumonia. So that’s been fun for the past almost a week. And with my loadshedding schedule, it means that my PC hasn’t been turned on for over a week, and my Xbox hasn’t even been unpacked after the move that happened in June. So yay!

6 Likes

Morning people of the palace

Have a great day

3 Likes

Good luck buddy!

3 Likes

Meh, think my PSU just died. There was a sparking sound and the circuit breaker tripped.

2 Likes

We were so “lucky” last night to receive a bonus round of load shedding last night. Apparently the City Power guys got confused and turned of the wrong sector from the substation, it took about and hour for them to realise their mistake :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

Oh, I think you got ours… They forgot to shut us off at 11pm last night for an hour before the stage was reduced at midnight

3 Likes

Good morning mense. Happy Turdsday.

:grinning::wave:

2 Likes

Morning people of the palace

Hope you all have a good day, may the Capies stay dry and warm …

2 Likes