Don’t Assume My Topic Thread

Mondays and Wednesdays are typically jiu-jitsu training until 7 PM.
Thursdays are life group but that could be skipped.

Other than the above I am generally free whenever. Weekend afternoons are also always good.

2 Likes

Sweet, so Beo and Wyvern are in. I’ll discuss with my parents but maybe Sunday (12th) afternoon would work for everyone?

Who else is in the Cape that wants to meet up with a crazy Canuck and his parents?

2 Likes

I have found that if I have anxiety over meeting people (new or otherwise), it really helps when there is a purpose to the meeting. An activity, that is. For example, if you meet up to go bowling and then have a hot rock lunch at Spur. A concrete plan. Firstly, setting up the plan helps everyone be on the same page. Everyone knows in advance what the food options will be, and everyone knows what they can or want to eat from that sort of restaurant. Secondly, I can focus more on the activity than on the fact that there will be other people there. I can look forward to going bowling. It reduces my anxiety about the social situation. There’s always something to do or talk about.- the activity! And it doesn’t matter if it’s an activity you suck at - everyone sucks at bowling.

5 Likes

Speak for yourself.

I rock Wii bowling.

4 Likes

Maybe @Nimatek will have to see if I can twist his arm - that day works for me

1 Like

Morning people of the palace, have a great day

3 Likes

Morning all.

It would seem work loves to leave things to the last minute. My visa is sorted but still waiting on flights to be booked and who knows what’s happening with regard to accommodation.

Not even my manager knows:

Elizabeth is dealing with the accommodation - we’re all going on the assumption it’s organised - also haven’t received any sort of confirmation from her.

Ai the communication astounds me.

5 Likes

Good morning.

:grinning::wave:

3 Likes

Hi everyone. Have a good day!

4 Likes

Good morning everyone.

@Beo here we have to fend for ourselves. We have to organise all our own bookings.

4 Likes

whoever is doing it let them do the rear main seal also please, you’ll thank me later

2 Likes

Greetings

3 Likes

Hello julle

3 Likes

Howdy!

2 Likes

Safely made it to Durban. Not only is it hot, it’s also humid. It’s facemeltingly unpleasant. How do people live here?

2 Likes

Morning people of the palace

4 Likes

Funny how you get used to it. My in-laws live in Jhb, but are from Durban originally. They take about a week to acclimatise again.

Saying that, some days I break a sweat before 7am and it just never stops…

3 Likes

Morning all.

I could never get used to that Durban heat and especially the humidity.

Also, this loadshedding is messing with my sleep patterns.

6 Likes

Hello everybody.

:grinning::wave:

3 Likes

Morning everyone

4 Likes