Don’t Assume My Topic Thread

Oh dear! You know that feeling when you walk into a room and you look around for the adult? And then you realise with horror that you are the adult? So you desperately look around for an adultier adult?

Whelp. I guess I am the adult now. :sunglasses: And when I finish typing my short message of support and I realise it is a wall of text, I often worry about posting it because it’s so much. Everyone else is capable of saying their things in a few sentences! It’s nice to know that you don’t mind my blabbering. Thank you for that! :heart:

Y’all are a lovely bunch of weirdos, my weirdos. Well, #blameJan but still, my weirdos. :flying_saucer:

6 Likes

Also wanted to say (but my wall of text was already a tsunami) that sometimes you get a dud shrimp. It happens that you don’t click with the person or their style just doesn’t make you feel at ease. However, like I said, they’re human too. And that first session is weird. You sometimes walk out feeling like you achieved nothing but telling a random stranger all your problems but you don’t feel any different. That’s when most people think “what a waste of time” and give up on therapy, and don’t go back. In my experience, you start to see progress after the third session (depending on the complexity of your situation). And you gotta be willing to do your part, which, surprise!, is more than just going there and talking to them.

5 Likes

Morning people of the palace, have a wonderful day!

4 Likes

Good morning everyone.

Does anyone fancy starting an energy company?

5 Likes

Wrote a whole reply using quotes from the De Ruyter interview yesterday but deleted it since it could be seen as political.

2 Likes

I’m watching it now.

It reveals what we all suspected. But yeah, politics is the problem here.

2 Likes

I completely get that, if I do stop it will likely be due to financial reasons. I filled out a PMB form and will see what Discovery covers, I am honestly not expecting them to.

Absolutely agree with you there. I am noticing, now that it has a name or a label to it, and I am finding myself being dragged down by the thought of it and or the condition. I am finding myself wallowing in/on it.

3 Likes

$%^&# thieves stole the batteries in the local radio tower that provides me with internet out here. It means, that until the provider builds a new enclosure and replaces them, I am stuck without internet during loadshedding, even though I have a generator.

So pissed off

2 Likes

Yeah, the financial aspect is a kicker. We also did the whole PMB thing, but found out a few weeks later that Medihelp takes the PMB benefits out of our daily/general/savings plan, it doesn’t come off some magical separate PMB fund. It’s only once your entire year’s worth of savings (and they can deduct it in advance!) is depleted that they have to provide the rest of the sessions for free. So I had therapy in Jan/Feb 2020, and at the end of March found out that our savings account was depleted in advance up to November. So we were screwed on all medications and GP visits etc until November. Of course it’s not possible to schedule a mental health crisis for November/December, but where possible I will only go for therapy at the end of the year in future.

My shrink (I see now I accidentally got autocorrected to shrimp previously) also figured out what my condition was. Actually figured out that I had two. Finally having a proper diagnosis was such a relief, because I could A) finally get proper treatment that would work, and B) knew for a fact that I wasn’t wrong/crazy when I knew something was wrong with me but I didn’t know what. Now when I have symptoms I know what’s going on and I don’t just feel like I’m imagining it. It’s real, and I can work on managing it better. Don’t let a diagnosis get you down. It’s a door that is opening to making your life better!

5 Likes

Like sands through the hour glass…

Thanks for all the wise words @Ani :relaxed::heart:

3 Likes

Errr, can I sneak a “good morning” in without anyone noticing that it’s 17:35 already?

Good morning everybody!

:smile: :wave:

5 Likes

For real this time…

Good morning everyone! Happy Friday!

:grinning::wave:

5 Likes

Morning all! It’s a good weekend for motorheads, enjoy all the racing!

4 Likes

Good morning everyone.

5 Likes

'ello.

4 Likes

Morning people of the palace

Feck the Formula E (just for the kak traffic jam it caused)

3 Likes

The good news:

We have approved your application for funding for your treatment as a Prescribed Minimum Benefit
(PMB). The detail of the approval is shown in the table below.

:raised_hands:

5 Likes

Just as I thought. My psychiatrist says everyone on Discovery qualifies for the PMB. We also completed the application forms and my wife and I’s sessions are paid for by the PMB and never touch our savings.

5 Likes

I am angry for me, and very happy for you guys! That’s awesome news, and I need to change medical aids. Frack Medihelp.

2 Likes

Did you see the traffic the military exercises caused in Richards Bay???

The port was closed and coal trucks could not deliver, so they backlogged on the N2, both directions, all lanes. Chaos…

1 Like