Don’t Assume My Topic Thread

Hallo Julla.

3 Likes

Hello julle! :wave:t2:

2 Likes

Morning people of the palace

Have a great day!

1 Like

Hiii, does anyone know a trustworthy dealership in CT? First order of business when I get there will be to get wheels :slight_smile: TIA

1 Like

All I can say is to avoid We Buy Cars and Worth.

3 Likes

Is there a specific rice I should be using when making a risotto?

Hint, I’ve never made risotto before.

1 Like

Traditionally it’s made with Arborio rice. Most shops will label it as Risotto Rice or Arborio Rice (or both).

Tricky dish to make if you’re not patient, but take your time and the results can be delicious.

2 Likes

Okay great, thanks. That shit is expensive! Guess it’s back to rice pudding then :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This is just mental.

1 Like

Yeah that’s ridiculous. Where’s that from?

2 Likes

Dude risotto rice is about R60 - R80 at Checkers - and you calculate how much to use, by a small handful per person. 1kgs lasts me about 4 months and we eat risotto at least 2 times a month. Its not expensive at all - shout if you want tips.

4 Likes

Ironically I should add at Spar and Pnp they have imported arborio rice, its usually a blue or brown box, and is often cheaper.

1 Like

I can’t recall, was just posting here to show what a joke that was.

But as @Wyvern pointed out, ranges from R60-R80 from what I can tell. Not too bad, just depends on the quantity and frequency at which we have it. My wife is following a more holistic nutritional-based program so I just wanted something cheap, quick, and easy for us boys to have.

2 Likes

I really enjoy having couscous cooked into mixed veggies with some chicken strips on the side. And couscous is only around R70 for a kg but lots of dishes can be made from it.

2 Likes

Hey everyone. Currently in lephalale, travelled up yesterday in horrible rain.

5 Likes

Travel safe and enjoy :wink:

1 Like

How enjoy? Meeting organised for 7am started at 8:30 with not everyone showing up.

2 Likes

Lephalale is a mining town, that’s par for the course. My two day workshop for tomorrow and the day after was cancelled this afternoon.

3 Likes

Morning all. Have a happy day.

:grinning::wave:t2:

3 Likes

Good morning everyone.

4 Likes