Don’t Assume My Topic Thread

Morning people of the palace, hope you guys are well!

It was a mental day yesterday I am still tired.

for Workshop 17 we have made over 600 sandwiches for Mandela day and ladles of love.

3 Likes

Morning all.

3 Likes

Howzit?! Lekker chilly here again today. I think we get to blame Durbs this time though.

:grinning::wave:t2:

3 Likes

Good morning everyone.

3 Likes

Morning everyone

Getting old sucks :stuck_out_tongue:

Busy week has been busy.

It is not that cold today in the Cape but last night and yesterday was freezing

3 Likes

We’re getting the second hand Cape Town weather now.

4 Likes

I think there is more snow expected end of the week and weekend.

4 Likes

Optimises code, cos it’s looking a little ugly

Spends 3 days bug hunting, because suddenly nothing works

Finds the code optimisation that added a bug back into the code, that you fixed 2 weeks ago

angryronswanson

3 Likes

I was actually quite surprised by this response.

4 Likes

Morning all. It’s Friday at last.

2 Likes

Morning MEWbs! Grey sky Friday is better than Blue sky Monday!

:grinning::wave:t2:

3 Likes

Good morning everyone.

3 Likes

Well, hello there!

4 Likes

Sun is out here. Sun chaser on duty :dog2:

7 Likes

Greetings

3 Likes

Hello everyone

I need help
How to deal with a coworker who’s contract has been cancelled, and who is not accepting it and keeps bugging me for ideas on how to stay. She is making me feel guilty that I am a permanent and not contractor. She keeps asking me why I am succeeding. I cant answer that for her, I just do my work??

The problem is she is nice, but over thinks and over complicates and then the worst part is she is very clever but slow on the uptake… They have moved her to 4 different areas in the company to help her thrive and she just keeps sinking deeper.

1 Like

You can’t help those who don’t want to help themselves.

But seriously, it is not your place to feel guilt or be guilted into feeling like that for her, sure it is unfortunate and you can be empathic towards her needs but the drive and desire needs to come from them.

3 Likes

I agree she has just this habit of coming to me, and moaning and sighing and just making me feel guilty, I mean she started before me, and in the 4 months before I started she just never found her niche, where I have been open to try all areas and new things and learn and have realised I like project management - how the ladies on the team keeps the info in their heads - freaks me out - not sure if I will reach that level but I am loving it

3 Likes

Well it sure looks like your company tried to make it work.

3 Likes

That is the one thing they are great at, give you opportunities to shine

It is up to you to take charge

3 Likes