Don’t Assume My Topic Thread

How did you get yourself to the doctor? Must have been scary trying to drive like that, if you did.

1 Like

Luckily we have a doctor in our street. First them that I went to them. Generally I feel woozy but only get the episodes when I tilt my head so I just keep my head in an upright position.

5 Likes

Hope you feel better fast, I hoped they gave you good meds for the nausea that comes with that - my mum got it once and yea its not fun! Hugs @Solitude

Morning people of the palace, it seems the day of rest was just what I needed to feel a bit better. Im still struggling with seeing dad in the hospital, so I just go once a day and then guilty for not staying long. But I just struggle with it. At least he is slowly waking up, there is movement in the legs, not the arms much yet, It just worries me to think of what is going on in his head, and if he is processing anything yet. His eyes are more open now each time we visit.

6 Likes

That’s hectic Soli. May you rest well and feel better soon.

4 Likes

Sounds hectic @Solitude - hope it’s a quick course of treatment and you’re back up and about taking care of the ghoulies in Elden Ring soon. :muscle:

Stay strong @Wyvern. You don’t need to feel guilty about how you’re dealing with things. You do need to prioritise yourself and your own health - you’ll be better able to deal with things going forward. :hugs:

4 Likes

Good morning everyone.

4 Likes

Geez @Solitude , get well soon, man. My own virus is also acting up this week, but nothing as bad as vertigo!

@Wyvern: I agree wholeheartedly with Greg. Your own mental health should be your first priority - you cant pour from an empty cup and all that hippie claptrap.

5 Likes

So last week our company had an in-person conference. The first one in 2 years. People from all over South Africa came together for some workshops and group activities. I coulne make it due to being on daddy duty and workload. And lucky I didn’t, because we got an email today from the CEO addressing the high number of people that tested posivity for Covid after the event. Just goes to show, the world may want to return to normal, but our normal is a whole different new normal.

8 Likes

Hey Dame, eks bly jy maak tyd om ook te rus!

2 Likes

Ek moes, ek was te na aan breek, ek voel vandag beter.
The biggest thing was this morning when we arrived, they had removed the vent. So he is officially breathing on his own, I haven’t got the strength to visit him more than once a day, but he is doing good, he has opened his eyes, we are not sure if he comprehends what is going on. He has moved his feet and arms a little. And it looks like he is trying to look at us, but he is still under a crap ton of pain meds.

5 Likes

Damn, sitting on the couch and needed to get something that fell behind so I stretched around and to my dismay, that muscles between you neck and shoulder just cramped up and I was in pain and couldn’t move for a few minutes.

Damn, it hurts even now, is this what getting older feels like?

4 Likes

Yes it is, you have to consciously start being careful of certain movements that can hurt and continue hurting for a while and avoid them.

It is different for everyone as to what these are depending on previous injuries etc.

4 Likes

Good morning everyone. It seems we’ve gone back in time to 1939. Well shit

4 Likes

Sombre Thursday greetings indeed.
:neutral_face::wave:

To see the reports of explosions in Kiev and realise that there are people in a democratic country dying to satisfy the whims of an invading power obsessed dictator is tragic. And scary.

To hear idiots like Donald Trump refer to Putin as “a genius” and see supposed “patriotic, peace loving, Christian Americans” flying the Russian flag alongside their Confederate flags as they urge on the invasion of an independent nation by hundreds of thousands of Russian troops would be funnier if it wasn’t so nauseatingly sycophantic.

4 Likes

A day of doomscrolling lies ahead

3 Likes

Might have to dust off my ‘Tales’ thread :frowning:

2 Likes

Waiting for the doctor people to phone me back. Feeling pretty terrible this morning. Feels like I’m drunk and the world is moving around me. Actually felt better yesterday but this morning I’m just waiting for that anti vertigo pill to kick in.

4 Likes

Sadly this can take some time to clear up, anything from a week to a month, the worst should be gone in a week then you will be able to cope huge hugs

Morning people of the palace, have a good one

3 Likes

Good morning everyone.

2 Likes

Ww3 is coming now china will attack Taiwan. full scale invasion. lets hope nato doesn’t get involved bec it will end up being a nuclear war

2 Likes