Don’t Assume My Topic Thread

Good morning everyone.

Hey @Saint_Dee

3 Likes

It’s good, not much different :slight_smile:, but there is a bit of a new marriage feeling (which is great), especially since we’re not going to family or having family visit us this year (first Christmas at our new home).

5 Likes

I’m just going to come right out and say it… Good morning!!

:grinning::wave:t2:

2 Likes

Good morning on this fine day, and how are you good sir?

3 Likes

Good morning everyone.

Christmas baking going so-so. Vanocka looks good for a first attempt but short fingers came out slightly scorched.

4 Likes

SUPER DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

@Saint_Dee

Did I see correctly on FB

Did you put a ring on her?

On my birthday?

1 Like

Hello all. Happy Friday. Hope you’ve got all your Christmas shopping done - the stores are going to be chaos for the next three days.

2 Likes

I still need to get a certain present… Here’s a clue, it’s the only one my wife hasn’t bought :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Best you get that taken care of then! I thankfully took care of my “one gift the wife didn’t buy” via the convenience of online shopping weeks ago. I have successfully avoid having to go into a shopping mall for an entire month. It’s been blissful. :grinning:

4 Likes

We dont do xmas gifts but we need food so yay me

Dragging a mum on a scooter to checkers is just what I wanna do :stuck_out_tongue:
Also morning people of the awesome palace

I have really missed you all,

TELL ME ALL THE GOSSIP!

3 Likes

Dragon lady!!!

That is correct, we’ve tied the knot😁.

7 Likes

My Dad sent me this

3 Likes

Happy Saturday y’all!

2 Likes

Howdy howdy howdy.

3 Likes

How many of you braai on Xmas day?

We’re breaking tradition and decided to do a braai instead, now deciding what meats to get. Traditionally we have roast.

3 Likes

Some people do braai. We’ve always done duck.

Also maybe think about it as creating new traditions.

2 Likes

Depends on where we go. We sometimes braai at my parents. We braai’d before at home. This year we’re going all out on beef, pork AND lamb roasts.

Edit: we’ve been eyeing our local Spar’s incredibly low meat prices the past couple of months and bought the moment we saw prices low enough. Our total meat bill for Christmas lunch is less that R1000 for the whole family, with guaranteed leftovers for days afterwards.

4 Likes

Spent the last 2 days deep cleaning our house in preparation for the fam coming over for Christmas. We never braai for any occasion, never braai at all :wink:

Family tradition for me is the trifle I and my 2 daughters make over 3 days before Christmas. We always have cold meats/salads and trifle! Eating and prepping hot food in hot weather is not fun.

4 Likes

Happy Christmas Eve everyone!

:santa:t2::grinning::wave:t2:

2 Likes

@Shrike, saw this on Reddit, immediately thought about you…

Birdle 2023/12/24

:green_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:
:green_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

1 Like