the story
:black_small_square:You can go back to previous locations you visited,
do side content, etc
:black_small_square:Everything is… pic.twitter.com/413CWAlL5y

Shinobi602 (@shinobi602) June
14, 2024

`

1 Like

I have actually played both, and love both series. I know they are not the same :wink: I was just stirring, sorry

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve ever really played Inquisition, only the first two games on PC. But they’re so old now, and weren’t they top-down games?

1 Like

Only if you zoom out far enough and make use of the “tactical” aspect of the game, but in general those games are for the most part 3rd person RPG games.

I wasn’t sure so I maar answered in full. No need to be sorry. The only shocking things from the post was the potential reality that you haven’t played Dragon Age :slight_smile:

1 Like

I haven’t really played any of the games. I played the first one for about an hour and Inquisition for maybe 2 hours. I haven’t really had time to play them with life and the multitude of other games vying for attention.

This video sums up the division in the fanbase up very well:

1 Like

I loved Dragon Age Origins but I really don’t get why people are now suddenly upset that the new game is not like that. Each DA Game so far has been slightly different, why would the newest one change that pattern? It’s also not like Origins is getting delisted or anything, they can still play it.

1 Like

Those of us who prefer origins have been upset with each subsequent DA game. But atleast the other 2 provided a tactical combat option. Veilguard has no tactical option. BG3’s commercial success also shattered the illusion EA held of why DA had to go action has also increased the dissatisfaction from those who prefer origins style.

1 Like

I am one of those that prefer Origins but I honeslty don’t mind the direction they are taking. Ive finised DA 2 once and Inquisition once on console and once on PC. I’ve finished Origins more times than I can remember.

2 Likes

The earlier games are all currently on 90% off sale on Steam until 27 June. R74 for Inquisition GOTY Edition, and R55 for the Ultimate Editions of each of Origins and II.

4 Likes

Games are 90% of with steam summer sale.

Also some details regarding the character creator:

https://x.com/kalaelizabeth/status/1806408116906623179?s=19

2 Likes

There will be lots of difficulty options:

1 Like

Release date announced as halloween. They have stuck to the more traditional price point of $59.99 for the PC version and $69.99 for ps5&Xbox.
There is a digital deluxe but its pretty useless, you get 23 pieces of cosmetic armour. Not even the normal soundtrack or artbook offered.

For PC you can preorder from steam, epic,ea

You get some blood armour for prepurchase.

3 Likes

Blog on the PC features:

2 Likes

Extremely disappointing considering how many options you could carry over in previous da games…