DTM - 2021

1 Like

Such a good race yesterday, even heard KVL swearing over the team radio :laughing:

1 Like
1 Like

What a race!

1 Like

You did not mention the start :wink:

1 Like

I found the highlights of yesterday and todayā€™s races. Lost a lot of respect for KvdL for the same move in both races. He cost Lawson the championship, together with some Merc team ordersā€¦ They cannot let a Ferrari be DTM champ!

Check the first few turns of both races belowā€¦ Embarrassing.

1 Like

Geez, that full send in the second race, surely that would be penalised? Mind you a fair amount of contact in the race, more than I thought youā€™d get.

That initial hairpin turn he surely knew he wouldnā€™t make that. He got penalised 5 seconds for rejoining as all four tires were off the track, which left Lawson stumbling home, I can see why they opted to keep him out on track despite the injuries of the car.

That stunt that cost KvdL a blowout with Gƶtz I donā€™t think was too unfair, from what I saw he was trying to avoid that debris on the exit, I think he intended to swerve for him and shunt him.

Either way, very ballsy race for KvdL. And poor SvdL has not had a good season at all.

If MNR was real lifeā€¦

2 Likes
2 Likes

I appreciate Kelvinā€™s apology. I detest attacks on him personally and apparently his whole family. The internet is freaking toxic.

2 Likes

What was some of the social backlash?

Not sure of the details, but saw at keast one Youtube pulling white privilege cards, typical South African, family money, etc. Stopped watching and flagged the video.

And even the comments on his Instagram had to be disabled due to the harsh comments.

I get it, he screwed up, he cost Lawson the championship, and he deserved harsher penalties IN THE RACE. But the race is over and the championship is done. He spoke to Liam Lawson, which shows character, andhopefully he learns. Bit gosh darnit folks, chill out and let the man mill over his mistakes without attacking him as a human being?

3 Likes

OK, last one for DTM

4 Likes

Good video. I love this guyā€™s channel. It is such a shame what happened and will forever cast doubt over the legitimacy of DTM. Which is such a shame, and this year it was pretty awesome until that last race

3 Likes