EA and Valve Partnership

Electronic Arts and Valve have partnered to put EA games into the hands of the players on Steam. Starting next spring, EA Access—our ever-growing subscription service powered by great games and member benefits—will be making its way to Steam. EA Access is the first and only gaming subscription service available on Steam, and the fourth platform featuring an EA subscription.

Interesting development in the launcher/estore wars.

3 Likes

Not quite what I was hoping for; this looks like only EA Access titles will be available on Steam as opposed to the full Origin library. It’s a start though.

1 Like

So that’s why they still haven’t added the “Included in Access Premier” info onto the Jedi Fallen Order page yet. Pushing those pre-orders as much as they can. No Regional Pricing on the Steam sales page, no difference in price compared to the Origin sales page.

@czc You beat me to it. Was going to publish a quick article on this.

1 Like

Thats strange. It tells me R999

Wasn’t meaning pricing in Rands, more Steam’s Regional Pricing feature which allows publishers to price their games differently based on geographical location, which in many cases works to our benefit here in SA. In this case EA have not allowed Regional Pricing for JFO for SA buyers.

In fact the Rand price is actually 12% more expensive than the base US Dollar price, and over 30% more expensive than our gamer comrades and compadres in China and Argentina.

And I was wrong about the Steam pricing be the same as in Origin. If you pick it up from Origin directly, you’ll save yourself R50!

Ah, I see. I guess EA needs to make back steams cut somehow.

1 Like

EA has a ZA store, no chance that would allow valve to price lower then their own store.

Atleast now you can chose to use steam over the clunky buggy origin…

2 Likes