EA Games are Back on Steam

Some of you may have noticed the big banner, or news pop up, on Steam announcing that you can pre-purchase Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. So what? New games are coming out every week. Ah, but the thing is Jedi: Fallen Order is an EA game and, significantly, the first EA game to be sold on the platform since EA started exclusively releasing their new games on their own platform, Origin.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://ink.mostepic.win/ea-games-coming-back-to-steam/
3 Likes

That was my one question answered. If we would need Origin. Makes sense though.

1 Like

who wooed who?

I just cannot say that with a straight face.

4 Likes

Just a question then with this whole thingy. Does origin now move to the uninstall folder or nah?

1 Like

You’ll still need it. Launch the game in steam which will launch origin which will launch the game. That how I understand it at this moment.

4 Likes

Well that sucks. I like to have one launcher for everything

3 Likes

Too true

3 Likes

Not really sure what to make of this, but I actually can’t remember when last I’ve actually been interested in an EA game.

4 Likes

Some phrases are just a joy to write!

2 Likes
2 Likes

Same here. Ever since they screwed up Mass Effect I haven’t really looked at their games again.

It also seems that the next Dragon Age and Battlefield games are only coming out in 2022 so I don’t know how they’re actually surviving at the moment.

Looks like Anthem is still active though. Anybody know how it is?

3 Likes

So far as I could see, BFV is still going very strong, and anthem actually also has quite a bit of players, apex is also pretty big right now, so I would say that EA ain’t doing tooo bad at the moment. and never forget FIFA games, those things rake in the cash like it’s nothing.

3 Likes

Their live game services (as they call them) are the real money makers. Apex Legends has grown to 70 million unique players, their FIFA leagues bring in a lot of money (the world loves soccer) and Sims 4 is apparently still going strong.

I’m happily one of those 70mil Apex players, it’s certainly one of the best battle royales out there. The new content they release keeps getting better and the free to play model is very fair.

2 Likes

I haven’t played beyond the 10 hours that was included in my now-cancelled Origin Access Basic subscription, but according to reports from within the player base the game is a shambles.

Bioware has cancelled the “roadmap” of expansions for the game and announced that it is going back to fix the core issues with it:

1 Like

I don’t think it’s that bad, don’t get me wrong there are bugs. For instance you can’t do a certian event in low graphics coz the map and enemies don’t load, but me and some friends were able to coplete the main campaign without too many issues.

3 Likes

I played Anthem a lot before giving up. Once you finish the campaign, all that there is to do is to gear up… for no reason other than getting better gear. The loot system is awful. They keep wanting to make it better but doing the same things over and over and over again for a slightly better item randomly dropping is SO last Diablo3 and WoW and I hated it.

3 Likes

Dude. I was just talking about the loot grind and damage scaling algorithms being a mess.

What you’ve described is shocking.

2 Likes

Yeah, that basically translates to unplayable.

3 Likes

So…consoles then? :smiley:

3 Likes

It is done.

Today, Electronic Arts launched the first wave of 25+ EA games on Steam, with more on the way.

Starting today, players can explore BioWare’s award-winning Role-Playing Games - Dragon Age: Inquisition and Dragon Age II, experience high-speed, white-knuckle driving action in Need for Speed Heat, Need for Speed: Rivals and Need for Speed (2016) and battle it out in the wacky, fun and over-the-top shooter, Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville.

A selection of the bold and innovative games from EA’s indie development partners like Unravel, Unravel II, Fe and Sea of Solitude will also become available. Additionally, these games and many others will be available as part of an EA Access subscription on Steam that will launch to players later this summer.

4 Likes