Elden Ring - Souls meets Ice & Fire

My character currently. Except I’m using a different shield to the one in the picture now.

4 Likes
3 Likes

This is the most accurate description of my feeling towards Elden Ring.

4 Likes

I’m making good progress finally. Killed quite a few bosses last night. Summoned some people to tank some damage for me and it was pretty easy to be honest. The game is only really super hard if you want to solo everything. The most I’ve struggled with one boss so far is an optional boss to get a weapon I wanted. I first tried him when I was level 30 and he wrecked me a few times. I kept coming back every now and then and eventually at level 50 I beat him last night.

2 Likes

The open world in this game is probably one of the best I’ve ever seen. Sometimes I’ll just stand in a place and stare of into the distance trying to figure out how I can possibly reach a certain location.

The story on the other hand might as well be written by one of those AI’s that pretend that they can write something sensible but doesn’t make much sense to a human. At one point I was fighting this one character beating the shit out of them and right after I “kill” them they are suddenly an NPC that can help you do stuff that I wasn’t actually expecting (I won’t spoil anything). Why did we even fight? Who knows.

Oh yeah and this one character told me to go talk to someone nearby as soon as possible but the door that they’re supposedly behind isn’t even available.

2 Likes

Wasn’t that the part that George RR Martin was responsible for? Not really a glowing critique of his writing :joy:

1 Like

I think he just did the initial world building, so probably nothing you actually see in the game.

3 Likes

Ok I feel like a chump. I hadn’t upgraded my curved great sword for most of my playthrough till yesterday. I feel like a noob. But now I am getting pretty powerful then I come across a boss and bam I feel weak again.

I found some earlier bosses I missed and I killed them with two strikes. I’ve found loads of little secret areas. anyone know why some weapons appear as orange when you find them.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I feel like an idiot I missed out an entire low level area. would of helped greatly for my fell omen fight.

1 Like
4 Likes

I watched that multiple times. So good.

2 Likes

This is more my kind of ring:

7 Likes

I’m in 48 or so hours. I still only defeated 3 story bosses.

I found a secret boss and I raged quite. I love this game to bits. Love finding secret shit.

2 Likes

I went to an interactive map, clicked the “show bosses”, and realised theres a good chance i havent even done most of limgrave yet…(im currently busy dicking around between the luirnia eastern side and caelid depending how stuck i get in the red mist land).

Yes I know many are like minibosses but still theres a TON of bosses…

1 Like
2 Likes

3 Likes

big-ass patch that apparently introduced new content.

too lazy to post a link or a pic or w/e :smiley:

2 Likes

They added the locations of merchants you’ve met to the map, so that’s pretty cool.

3 Likes

They nerfed the mimic tear . :frowning:

2 Likes