Elections 2024

Also done and dusted in under 20 minutes. Our station separated voters by surname - we landed in the short queue. Daughter’s BF landed up in the longest one, but still only took him 35 minutes.

Our thumb markers pen was running dry and they hadn’t got a new one to her yet, so my thumb is a bit bland. Did manage to convince the stamp lady to give me a stamp in my old school ID book. 2019’s one was mega grumpy and refused.

4 Likes

2 Likes

No fancy scanners here, person just ticks you off on a piece of paper, you vote and your done, probably took like 5 minutes. We went at about 2 in the afternoon

1 Like

Going to this higher level address looks a lot better than the original app dashboard we linked before. Works much better on mobiles too.

https://results.elections.org.za/dashboards/npe/

2 Likes

I’m still queueing, they cant call it yet!

We arrived at 17:20, looks like we’ll be here until about 19:30. Apparently only one, slooooow machine to check voter registration on.

2 Likes

Ours was the same, just a lady with a bunch of papers tracking our IDs and marking them off with a pen.

3 Likes

Counts are trickling in.

1 Like

Anyone else get a little confused by not seeing the DA results show in blue on the maps?

2 Likes

Yeah, it was weird seeing it in yellow.

Also where are all of our results. There is a little border ward between Ekurhuleni and Joburg that should be yellow!

The KZN provincial one is depressing me greatly ;-(

Yeah, can’t figure out how to drill down to the metro and ward level. Maybe those will only show at the end? On the older Results Dashboard you could go all the way down to your Voting District with the Ward and see exactly how many votes were cast in your Voting Station, but that one doesn’t even load anymore.

“The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.”

I’m just using the News24 election dashboard. Seems to be working nicely and I can drill down to district level.

As for voting, took about 2 hours yesterday (my longest voting yet). My sister took 5 hours in Nelspruit and one of our employees took 8 hours in Pretoria.

2 Likes

Ouch!

2h50m on my side. Some people in Kuilsriver were waiting 7 hours and some in Blouberg (where we voted last time within 15 minutes) waited 6 hours. Either voter turn-out was much higher this time, or voting stations were completely disorganised.

1 Like

From what I hear, it is probably a combination of the two. At some voting stations there were only 3 voting booths for tens of thousands of people. There were even allegations that the IEC did this on purpose so that some people would abandon voting (which some people did after 10 hours). I doubt that it is true, but even if it was, I don’t think it would have made much difference in the results.

IEC site glitching out.

Yeah, even the main board in the results centre is down.

\engage conspiracy mode

1 Like

News24 also now.

1 Like

Looks like the ANC lost nicely, but if they don’t form a coalition with the DA, it is going to be a shitshow. I don’t think they’ll get enough to form a government without using one of the first 3 runner-ups.

2 Likes