Elite Dangerous

I think that @Beo was heavily into Elite Dangerous at one point.

I don’t know if you guys saw this

An explorer in Elite Dangerous who was stranded outside our galaxy has been rescued thanks to a trio of pilots who flew out to refuel her. The rescue mission took days to plan and execute because of the long distances involved. But eventually the explorer, Commander Persera, was returned to the milky way after setting a new record for travelling further from Sol than any other player. Not to mention spending a full week in the void between galaxies.

“It feels like both one of the shortest and longest weeks of my life,” she said.

The explorer had ventured out into the black in the hopes of breaking a previous record but became stranded after a fuel miscalculation. Basically, she didn’t have enough space petrol to make the return journey.

But a group of Elite players known as the Fuel Rats – pilots who rescue other players by refilling their tanks with fuel limpet drones or fixing broken systems with repair drones – scrambled to rescue Persera. From the point of departure at a remote system called Semotus Beacon, it would take two full days of real time flying to reach her. But on December 23, they finally did.

“I can hardly describe the sound of a ship dropping out nearby,” she said in a forum post, “despite having probably heard it a thousand times by now. Sometimes it’s just background, sometimes it’s the sound of imminent danger, but this time it was the most glorious sound I’d ever heard – and I got to hear it three times in rapid succession.

Haha yeah I’ve read that, it’s quite cool.

I see the game is a 15.7GB download on Steam (with Horizons).

Pftt it’s not much of a spoiler.

But yes what do you think about the XBox app group thingy?

Well if the xbox group thing will work I’m good with that. Not sure how it works, but can figure it out.

Cool, how far are you with Dark Souls 3?

Also don’t let me bully you into playing Elite Dangerous. I don’t know what your gaming plans were.

I just killed Yhorm the Giant so now I need to fight Pontiff Sulyvahn next (already unlocked the shortcut to him). I can’t remember much of the game after him though, hopefully when I see it I will remember again.

No, don’t worry. I don’t really have a fixed game play plan like you do. I kinda jump around as I want. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m down for this, at least a few sessions if we can organize that.

2 Likes

So last night I settled on building myself a fighter focused ship. I ended up buying the Cobra MKIII because of it’s superior handling and speed. The shields are a bit low on it, but nothing a great big 3A Sheild Generator can’t fix. Kitted it out with beam lasers and multi-cannons and everything. I went on a few sorties, and all went very well. But I’m still very hesitant in combat and choose my targets very carefully.

So now I have the Type 6 that’s been fitted with big FSD’s and 112 tons of storage space, as my trader craft, I have the Dolphin with the economy class cabins for passenger missions, the Asp Explorer with a huge FSD, fuel scoops and scanning equipment for exploration of space, and the Cobra kitted with lots of guns and utilities for combat and bounty hunting. I think I’m pretty sorted now.

Also, both the Asp and the Cobra have extra seats for anyone interested in a co-pilot co-op scenario.

1 Like

I’d be interested to try this out.

Awesome!! I’ve never done it so I don’t really know how to set it up, but it looks straightforward. We can try this on Sunday with Soli perhaps.

1 Like

I started downloading the game last night, but then thunder rolled our way to I unplugged the modem. So the download will continue tonight so I should be able to play from Wednesday or so.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Dark Souls Trilogy

Sunday I think will be more of a time for me to do the tutorials and get the basic hang of things. Hmm but maybe by Sunday afternoon I will have done that. Cool, lets see what happens.

Of course, PCMR ftw. \o/

Yeah I’m down for Sunday arvie or night.

Unfortunately I can’t do the evening. Will be playing from early in the morning until sometime in the afternoon though if everything goes well.

27 February! Just in time!

Hmmm I’m thinking that I should wait until the release of Beyond - Chapter One before I start.

Is that a new DLC for the game which has to be bought seperately?

I played a bit last night (for the first time in about 3 years) and it was so damn nerve wracking to launch and exit the station, go to supercruise and come back and land again, that I rather stopped and played Dark Souls. I had completely forgotten all of the controls and I had forgotten how difficult it is when you just start out.
The game is very beautiful though, will play some more when I have the time.

1 Like

No, Elite Dangerous: Beyond will be free, but I have a suspicion that you need Horizons to get the DLC free. I’ve read articles that say all players are getting it free, but the Wiki’s for the game all states that it’s free if you have Horizon.

But this will be a cool update. Can’t wait to see what they do to the economy.

1 Like