Endurance Racing

Yeah, sadly not finding any Le Mans livestreams this year. It seems, now that the fans are back at the circuit, everything is being restricted again. Only livestreams I’ve found all need a subscription, a VPN connection, etc.

Two of the Hypercar teams have been running YouTube live onboards from their cars during practice and qualifying, so they may again for the race if you want something to watch inbetween.

Motul show the #708 Glickenhaus Hypercar

Toyota Gazoo do the same for both their #07 and #08 Hypercars

1 Like

Oh, and yeah also missed all of the IOMTT coverage this year. See from reports that it has been a particularly bad one this year though. Five deaths. British father and son sidecar pair died yesterday (father was on his 20th TT, son his first :cry: ), in the same place as a French sidecar pilot died last Saturday. There’s also been two solo racers who lost their lives in separate accidents this year.

I cannot comprehend the bravery, iron balls, and borderline insanity it must take to race the TT.

1 Like

Burning wheels 🫠🙃

2 Likes

Last hour of the 2022 24H Le Mans on now.

1 Like
3 Likes

Looks like the changes to the Eau Rouge run off areas have helped. The corner is still as challenging as before, but a lot more forgiving if mistakes are made.

1 Like

Ya, I also one with an Aston making contact with another car and then spinning. And was able to drive away from incident.

There were some decent side by sides going into Eau Rouge/Radillion

2 Likes
2 Likes

“That was a proper Code Brown moment!” :laughing:

2 Likes

Also, didnt the Iron Dames win? First all female P1?

1 Like

They won their class. Gold Cup Class I think it’s called. Finished P18 overall.

Mercs won and P2 the overall race for the first time since 2013.

3 Likes
4 Likes

On this, doesn’t Kelvin vdL drive in the 9 Hour as well?

1 Like

I’m sure he did a year or two ago. Not sure what or who he’s driving for this year, to be honest. (Other than as a guest driver for the FE team). His brother Sheldon is doing the Kyalami 9 Hour again this year in a GT3 Beemer.

The K9H field for this year is disappointingly small - just 13 entries. Still, a few local entries make a bigger field than Bathurst a few weeks ago. (For the IGTC, they had a lot more other non-series entries.)

1 Like

It is sad but I don’t blame people - most are stuck in Cpt traffic. . . .

1 Like

While the Ferrari F1 Team wades through its early season challenges, on the other side of the Ferrari facility, the Ferrari WEC Team have had a storming start to celebrate the Ferrari return to the WEC, opening the new season with their new 499P Hypercar taking pole for the season opener - the 1000 Miles of Sebring.

Fuoco claims sensational pole position on Ferrari AF Corse 499P debut at Sebring
Ferrari celebrates its return to the top class of global endurance racing in 50 years as AF Corse Ferrari takes pole for tomorrow’s 1000 Miles of Sebring, the season-opener to this year’s FIA WEC.

3 Likes

So, turns out #JustFerrariThings is not limited to F1.

2 Likes

Apologies, it was a Porsche. I saw the red paint, and put 2 and 2 together prematurely.

2 Likes

I think it was the Ferrari - #83 Richard Mille AF Corse from the GTE AM category. Driver okay.

https://twitter.com/FIAWEC/status/1636764374638510093?s=20

2 Likes

Ooooh yeah, the vid I found afterwards was clearly of a different incident. Mine has a Porche lose the case in a similar way, similar looking corner even, but not flip over.

1 Like