Endurance Racing

Lots of fans of in-game endurance racing around, and lots of us are also big fans of the real thing. We’ve had occasional posts in the past covering specific WEC, Intercontinental GT Challenge, and other endurance racing events, but I thought it would be good to create a dedicated topic for future news, video and posts.

There’s still a few races to go in the 2021 seasons:

The Indy 8-hour is on this weekend, and after Suzuka was cancelled, the IGTC will only have 3 rounds this year, with the season closer back at Kyalami again in early December.

The WEC have released a provisional 2022 calendar:

4 Likes

Michael Fassbender is back with the Porsche team for another attempt at the Le Mans 24-Hour next year. And again we can follow his progress on YouTube with the 3rd season of * Michael Fassbender: Road to Le Mans*, the first episode of which went out a week ago.

Follow the third season as Michael Fassbender makes his journey to the world’s ultimate motorsport event in this weekly YouTube series. ‘Road to Le Mans’ tells the story of his dream to race against the best teams and drivers in the world at the 24h of Le Mans. Next episode coming 25 October.

3 Likes

The combined GT World Challenge and Intercontinental GT Challenge Indy 8-Hour event from Indianapolis this weekend should stream live, with live timing too, here:

Qualifying today at 20:00 SAST, Pole Shootout at 22:20. Race tomorrow from 16:00 until midnight SAST.

The GT World YouTube Channel als o carries a lot of livestreams:

4 Likes

https://www.autosport.com/wec/news/wec-bahrain-8h-7-toyota-wins-title-as-ferrari-clinch-gte-pro-championship/6753015/

3 Likes

Is anyone from MEW going to Kyalami on the 5th?

2 Likes

Are you paying for my flight and accommodation and transport? Then I will be there with bells on :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Not me sadly. Will be watching it online though.

For those out of the loop…

The final round of last year’s Intercontinental GT Challenge - the Kyalami 9 Hour - was supposed to happen on 4 December last year. But then… Omicron. And the stupid, over the top, unfounded, knee-jerk global reaction to travel to and from South Africa. Anyway, it’s that event, rescheduled to 4-5 February.

https://kyalami9hour.howler.co.za/events/joburg-kyalami-9-hour-5626/tickets

2 Likes

I’m not going either, was just curious. It’s on my birthday, so I’ll rather spend it with the wife and check in on Youtube every now and then.

4 Likes

Brave

4 Likes

It’s my birthday, I’ll youtube if I want to.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Lol, wrong topic. It was RL racing :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Graphics are so real these days… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

This is the move

2 Likes

Some absolute beauties in there.

1 Like

While we’re waiting for F1 to go racing, catch the last 30 minutes of Nurburgring 24H.

Kelvin van der Linde in the lead.

1 Like

Michael Fassbender has a big crash in the Le Mans qualy session:

2 Likes

Official website 24 Heures du Mans | 11-12 june 2022 (24h-lemans.com)

Live Timing Here:

(Currently shows all the Qualifying times)

1 Like

It’s race day at Le Sarte! The 2022 24 Hours of Le Man starts at 16:00 today *

LMP2’s mixing it up with the Hypercars in this mornings’ warm up session - things could get awkward at the front.

Live timing for the race still here:

Still trying to find a decent, reliable livestream. Will add whatever I find later.

* single screeners will need to choose between the Le Mans start and F1 Qualifying sadly…

1 Like

F1 since i dont have access to le mans.

Sadly I also missed out on the Isle of Man this year.