Epic claims another scalp from Steam

Saw this on reddit. The person is suggesting that the game is moving to Epic.

1 Like

And with that comes the chances of it not getting patches in a timely fasion.
Just like gog where a patch can take awile to be released.

“HL3 announced; Epic store exclusive”

5 Likes

How i freaking wish valve had done that as an april fools joke

1 Like

Atleast I got my pre-order in before the big evil stole another one…

So now the UPlay launcher will launch through another third party launcher, other than Steam? I dont think it actually matters so much for Ubisoft games as the “store” is merely a front to the Uplay launcher. I don’t think the games even have Steamworks included. Is this really such a big deal?

Finally, the fonts and colours of that screenshot looks fishy, so not sure of the validity of that being a Steam Team email. The story might be true regardless.

Story is true. There is big disclaimer on the steam store page of the game being pulled from steam after launch but that the publisher has promised all patches and dlc will still be released on steam.

Anything on epic is a big deal if you are anti exclusives…

1 Like
3 Likes

I still do not use Epic at all. Can’t even seem to log in anymore for some reason

Fixing the industry by forcing consumer to use an inferior platform. a Store that doesn’t even have basics like a shopping cart.

No epic might be good for developers but it is not good for consumers.

Guy sounds like a disgruntled former employee to me…

I use both :slightly_smiling_face: so dont mind either way

1 Like

Me too. Not fond of the Epic store, and have not spent any money there. But I dont MIND it…

I use both… I use Epic store to “buy” the free games they have every couple of weeks and Steam for everything else :slight_smile:

2 Likes