F1 24 - EA Sports F1 Games

Visual and audio comparison between F1 2010 and F1 2019:

Amused to see some of the ad boards in the old game. And how much more simple the old steering wheels were.

2 Likes

That’s very interesting. In my opinion they can still make the game look a lot better. I look forward to seeing what they’ll make it look like on the next generation of consoles.

1 Like

TL:DW - F2 will be a full separate season on itself, but there is a three race F2 feeder series that will setup your rivals and give a structured story to your entry into F1. Your choices will also stick with you for your entire F1 career which sounds good.

4 Likes

F2 settles it, im getting it

2 Likes

Just an update on a previous post.

Started career mode for Torro Rosso this weekend, much better, the practice programs seem easier than Renault and Sauber.

Difficulty has been set back to 63 as in 80 I can hold in quali, but race day I sit in no mans land the whole race, nobody to attack and nobody to defend from. killed the game for me, now at least I am working hard for a points finish.

Much more enjoyable now that its tweaked for me a bit.

1 Like

31 posts were split to a new topic: MEW F1 2019 League Races

3 Likes

They are streaming the game live

3 Likes

I just wet my pants with excitement, cant get the xbone version just yet, but yay

Nice find. Watched a bit on the side. Confirmed that there are a couple of bugs still evident (rear recharging lights not working for eg) and that the Paul Ricard pit entry has not been changed in-game (still at start to main straight)

Wonder how much work is involved in changing that? Doubt it’s straightforward enough to be corrected in a Day 1 patch though?

Also confirmation from Aarav that driver transfers are in career mode! Can happen mid or end season. Eventually!

5 Likes

Preloading for F1 2019 is available (at least on Steam for PC, assume for consoles too?) 24.5GB

4 Likes

And the media embargo has been lifted, so here is video of the first hour of the new career mode. Don’t watch if you don’t want your first career play through to be spoilt.

The first video show the three F2 series scenarios that you need to play through before your “promotion” to F1 and the start of your F1 career proper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHLiBmSaNWo

Then onto the first race of your F1 career in Australia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHh7luBWLM4

3 Likes

Awesome, thanks @GregRedd. Will download it this evening.

Also I decided to stop playing 2018 and will start f1 2019 rather.

2 Likes

Those who picked up the Legends Edition on Steam (with the 3 day early access) will be happy to hear that the game is available to play already, a “day” earlier than the expected 25th. I was expecting it to release at midnight GMT (our 2AM) but it sounds like they releasing it gradually earlier than expected. Hopefully that means those with the Anniversary Edition will be able to get in at a similar time on Thursday (8PM-ish) already.

Have seen a couple of people complaining about start up crashes and black screens already though, so it’s possible that this “early access” phase is also being used as a bit of a last-minute test before a Day 1 Patch is released on Thursday/Friday to go with the main release. YMMV.

Also see that the Steam Store page has been updated with the “Premium Cosmetic” DLC items. Gloves, SUits and Badges at R10 each, Helmets and Liveries at R18 each. Couple of nice ones there, but all totally unnecessary. Worthwhile if you want to pass a few more pennies onto the developers or if there’s a design that you really can’t live without.

https://store.steampowered.com/dlc/928600

5 Likes

I’m jealous! Will have to wait until Friday.

4 Likes

Wait what?!?! And here I waste my time playing other things.im running to my PC right bleddie now.

5 Likes

Lol. Discover it’s up by chance, to be honest. Did have a little look around, nothing too serious. Played around on Paul Ricard with steering settings to try find a sweet spot. Will need a lot more tweaking, as my Race Of Geeks time shows.

Messed about with the livery and helmet customiser and set up the 1st Season for the MEW League while I was there.

Had an issue starting it with DX12 - loaded fine, intro played, but then crashed the game as it started loading into the main menu. Ran fine on the DX11 setting after that.

Only other issue I had was in Time Trials (which is all I did). I am getting very irritating stutters whenever I cross the line at the end of a lap. Especially bad on the later laps when my PB and Rival ghosts are on the line as well. At Paul Ricard I would cross the line to end a lap, get a huge stuttering lag, and be almost at Turn 1 before I got control back. Anyone with suggestions on what might be causing it?

Other than that, game looks good. Will start a full career tomorrow with those F2 scenarios to see how it goes.

MEW League is set to Private so won’t come up in League lists. Search by name for MEW - Most Epic Win, or enter League Code CM#_2VX8G2 in the appropriate box. Set the first season up for just 5 x 5 lap races on European circuits to see how it works.

5 Likes

So I played about an hour of the game last night to try it out. And so far I am not disappointed at all. The game is running much better than I expected on my old and busted PC, easily playable on high settings.

The driving model is definitely different from previous titles, and I struggled with breaking for the first few laps I did. Especially in the new F2 cars. They don’t have the same downforce levels of the F1 cars, so have to be very careful in not spinning out of corners or understeering too much. Still finding my feet with them, and I am not even close to as fast as I am with the F1 cars.

I started the career and managed to play through the first two scenarios. I love that this is a thing now in the game. I already loath Devon Butler with a burning passion. That damn bastard MUST BE BEATEN!!!

4 Likes

The big question (for me that is) does the practice sessions still have those silly tasks?

3 Likes

Yes, all the previous practice sessions from the 2018 career is back. Same tasks and same rewards. Ultimately you don’t have to do them all. In fact I normally skip half of them. You do get a bit less points for development of the car though. But I like the practice programs. I gets my eye in for the track, and I can play around with the setup and get it right for the race.

4 Likes