F1 24 - EA Sports F1 Games

What have you got your AI Level set at? Need to know so that I can set mine 25 lower :grinning: (And to set a starting point for the AI in the MEW League races).

Also started a new career last night, but only managed to get through the F2 scenarios and FP1 for Australia. Still not happy with my wheel settings, but Iā€™m approaching this first season as a WIP and will tweak settings along the way.

Also did some Red Bull laps in Austria for the Race of Geeks, but my times so far are embarrassingly bad. :neutral_face:

Still getting my irritating stutters at the end of laps - Iā€™m assuming itā€™s some sort of processor spike whenever my lap time and new delta times (and new rival if Iā€™m in TT) get updated. But the impact is graphical with the frame stutters. Going to try monitoring it tonight a little closer to see if I can figure it out.

4 Likes

Oh man, I also want to play soon. Iā€™ve watched some Youtube videos and read about everything in the forums. Iā€™m so ready to play.

Iā€™ve decided to just go for it when I get the game. No assists. Will pick one of my favourite tracks and just do time trial until I get the no assists thing under the belt.

3 Likes

Lol. Currently running at 98 AI. Dropped it down since I want to get to grips with the handling first.

Turn off braking assist and ABS, but keep traction control on Medium at first. Going full everything off is a big shock to the system the first corner you come to. Also for the G920, I set my brake saturation to 10. Almost completely removed lockups for me, plus you donā€™t need to completely mash the braking pedal to slow down. Also set my steering linearity to 50. Feels now one-to-one with the in-game steering wheel.

4 Likes

Thank you very much @DieGrootHammer! Will try all that out.

1 Like

I know we are all excited about F1 2019, but if the new game is too steep for you, try F1 2018 currently on sale on Steam. The only cheaper F1 game is like F1 2012!

3 Likes

@Flex are you going to get f1 2019 and join our league?

D@mnit! Thought it was Thursday and got all excited about playing F1 2019ā€¦ Turns out I am a day earlyā€¦ So I did some Austria laps on XBOXā€¦ I are disappointā€¦

PS: I am coming for you, @DieGrootHammer!

3 Likes

If it is on special for VERY cheap. but i do not enjoy the F1 games so much. not sure why

1 Like

I feel the same. Itā€™s a style of racing that just doesnā€™t quite hit the spot for me sadly.

1 Like

Not in depth enough regarding setups and so on. Sometimes feels a bit too arcadish

1 Like

Fair enough.

Fair points about F1 2019 not being a full blown simulator. Compared to games like iRacing, Assetto Corsa or even Project Cars 2 it feels like an arcade racer. It is what I would call Sim-lite, more of a simulator than something like Forza Motorsport but less than hardcore sims.

For me the F1 racing hits a very good sweet spot. I love the game so very much. Last night I did the second race in the career F1 calendar, Bahrain, and it was another good race. The Torro Rosso I picked lacked severe pace and I ended up in battles for the lower end of the midfield. Ended up in 14th which I am okay with. Stroll gave me a very hard time, and I made a mistake into a corner trying to overtake him, and he bolted after the mistake. Kimi and I had some epic battles on track, and even Russel wanted a piece of my Torro Rosso. Him I beat easily until my tires fell off a cliff. On the last lap I had a major lockup into turn 10 (shocking I know) and he closed up right onto my ass. Managed to defend well int the S curves up the hill and kept 14th to the line.

6 Likes

From the 20 hours or so that I played in F1 2018, I also love the game. I actually prefer that itā€™s more arcady.

Really looking forward to playing 2019. I just really hope I donā€™t have any issues. Iā€™ve been keeping an eye on the forums and lots of people have had problems.

Iā€™m glad your wheel is working @DieGrootHammer. I see people with our wheel complaining that the force feedback isnā€™t working well.

1 Like

I normally race with low FFB settings in any case, but I have had no issue feeling understeer or loss of grip with the wheel. Even my potato PC has not had any issue running the game, or crashing or stuttering (well more than usual). Itā€™s just been working.

2 Likes

Driver transfer that could keep IRL F1 very interesting. Especially if it happened mid-season :grinning:

1 Like

4 Likes

Soonā„¢ :slight_smile:

(Iā€™d keep an eye on it from around 8PM on Steam - thatā€™s when the early release happened.)

Itā€™s busy unpacking in Steam so it looks like it may actually be playable tonight!

1 Like

Except I canā€™t. People were shooting fireworks and my doggy is dead scared and heā€™s on my lap. I feel too bad to set up my wheel and stuff now.

2 Likes

Fireworks? Whatā€™s the occasion this time?

2 Likes