F1 24 - EA Sports F1 Games

Who knows. It’s idiotic. :frowning:

2 Likes

So the game unlocked at 8pm for me, and had my first hour messing around on Austria. Some notes:

• a good few crashes on DX12. Will stick to DX11 for now. Cannot tell the difference :man_shrugging:
  • the rumble in the XBOX One controller is soooo much better than F1 2018 on the XBOX! Left and right rumbles are used for braking and throttle and I actually feel the grip better!
  • I still cannot beat my F1 2018 times, so @DieGrootHammer has nothing to worry about!
4 Likes

I tried it out for just under an hour last night. Most of it was used to set things up. I then did a lap or two with abs on and traction control on medium. So my initial impressions are:

1. The game looks beautiful. I’ve seen people complain on the Steam forums that 2019 doesn’t look as good as 2018 and I don’t know what they are on about. I put everything on ultra and it looks beautiful and runs smoothly.
  2. I’m lucky in that I had no issues. Running DirectX 12 and using the G920 steering wheel and even though I’ve seen bug reports for both, its been working great.
  3. With the settings that I got from @DieGrootHammer, the wheel is working even better than it did with F1 2018. I upped the force feedback a bit from his settings but wow the force feedback is strong if you don’t lower it from the original settings.
  4. With traction control on medium it’s much easier to drive the car than in 2018. You can just put the pedal to the metal and go.
  5. I tried driving without assists and will continue to do so until I get it right. I did a lot of spinning out last night.
  6. I just have one complaint so far. The sound. I don’t know if there’s something wrong with my sound or if the cars are supposed to sound like that but the cars sound muffled almost. The sound in 2018 sounded much better in my opinion. I first thought that maybe the sound is buggy on my machine but then I saw I’m not the only person to think that: https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/39167-something-majorly-wrong-with-the-gearingengine-in-2019-cars-sound/

So hopefully I can continue trying everything out tonight. We had no internet this morning. They better fix it because Soli wants to race.

2 Likes

I just want to play F1 2019 tonight but my wife says our fibre is still down. :sob: Don’t ever get Vodacom fibre. We have so many issues with them.

1 Like

I’m glad to say that the fibre came on shortly after I got home. I’m so grateful for that.

3 Likes

I’m struggling like crazy with the F2 bit. But I’m driving without assists.

Will try race 3 again tomorrow. The guy in front just speeds off. So I get to second but then he is so far in front.

If you turn TC up, do you pull away better?

I don’t know. Haven’t tried with assists.

You don’t have to win that 3rd F2 race, just finish ahead of the twat dude (Devon?) and in the points.

Up where I belong. And so many laps.

3 Likes

I came here to brag about my XBOX Playdates win… only to see @DieGrootHammer breaking my time repeatedly!

Anyway, qualified in 1st, and stuck to the front all race. I am proud! :smiley: It was such a good race, and my tires were so knackered towards the end! Barely hung on. Now I know what Lewis Hamilton felt like at Monaco!

4 Likes

Unfortunately for me, Devon was the one that sped off. I think something went wrong there because he was way faster than everyone else.

Well done bud. I need get my time available so that I can also join a league like that. Would love to do some proper online F1 racing. Open lobbies are a nightmare.

1 Like

Thats why I really like this lobby. Even when the race goes bonkers there is nothing on the line. Its fun and you laugh a lot! Any prizes are from a draw and you just race for the participation medal!

I kind of see the MEW League developing into something like that, but only if we have enough players. There are more than 40 people in the Xbox Playdates group so they have 2 lobbies.

2 Likes

Nicely done @oltman! Congrats!

1 Like

I’m having serious issues with my wheel in the game. This morning I had a great time. It was driving magnificently. Then I quit the game, went for a shower, did some admin and when I played again, suddenly I could not turn properly anymore. Even in first gear at slow speeds I have to turn the wheel as far as it goes and still end up on the grass. It happened yesterday too.

So that’s enough for today. Will try again tomorrow.

1 Like

Thanks @Solitude. You jinxed my game. I am having serious sound issues now too! Almost a stuttering or crackling noise, causing the cars to sound like they are misfiring. Reinstalled all drivers and rebooted multiple times, switched between DX11 and DX12, all the same result.

1 Like

Sorry man. I’m glad to say that my sound has actually been better. And I found other people with the same wheel issue with me. Will try some of their fixes tomorrow evening.

I hope you get the sound sorted out!

It’s sad to hear you guys struggling with issues in the game. Seems to be a lot more buggy launch than previous titles, but then again I never played on PC. On console these games just always work. I myself have not yet run into any problems playing on PC at all. Nothing with the wheel, nothing on sound, and noting even on graphics or loading or crashes, just no issues at all.

Over the weekend I didn’t get a chance to progress any races in the career. Tonight I am tackling Baku.

1 Like

Interesting, wonder if this is related to using Ego Engine 4 as opposed to 3 which was used for 2018