F1 24 - EA Sports F1 Games

Sorry to hear about the bad people that you raced with @GregRedd. I know @DieGrootHammer has also been very unlucky with the online races.

I’ve had two now without any problems so I’ve been very lucky. Not sure how the scores are worked out. Hmmm and I can’t remember if my previous trophy was elite or not. Must go check. I really hope they can fix the mail problems.

Monaco is my worst track. It’s so hard. Will try it out though. But first it’s our league! Will have to go look at the track tonight.

1 Like

Oh no! I was so busy watching the real thing I forgot to do my event!

2 Likes

Monaco is so annoying. Qualified for the event last night but there were AI drivers in the way every time I tried to set a qualifying lap.

2 Likes

I really hate Monaco. I retired from the race in career mode, and was so grateful that it is behind me. And then the weekly race is Monaco! Urgh!

3 Likes

Anyone know if you have to do the Practice and Qualifying for the Weekly Event? If you miss the deadline will you still be able to do the Race itself, even if it is from the back of the grid?

I have no idea.

1 Like

I really really dislike Monaco. I ended 19th. Should have been 20th but someone disconnected. I had to replace my wing 3 times. It’s my own fault but still.

Before I started the Monaco race I was doing some time trial practice for our league. Big mistake. The difference between the 2019 car and the classic cars is huge. I broke my wing at the very first corner.

1 Like

Did mine as well just now. Only 4 human players again and got lucky with P2 on the grid. Got a good start for a change and managed to get through T1 ahead of the carnage. Took the rest a while to sort themselves out and it gave me almost 15 seconds lead by the end of L1, with most of the AI between me and the other players. Made a couple of errors and damaged the front wing, but decided to hold on as long as I could to see if the other players would catch up. One was very fast - 4-odd seconds faster than me per lap, but he only managed to get himself back up to P3 by the end. Not huge points for me, but ranked in the top 500 at the time. My first ever multiplayer win in any F1 game ever, so I’ll take it.

I did notice a couple of player results around me that had no Qualifying time so I’m guessing that answers my question from Friday - it looks like you can do the race part of the Weekly even if you miss the practice and qualifying bits.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Hey all,

Hey! Patch 1.06 is now out on PC, and you can check out the patch notes below:

• Tyre wear will no longer scale in qualifying sessions when race distance is set to 25% or 50%.

• Car setups will no longer change in multiplayer when going between sessions

• Fixed a crash seen by users who had been eliminated in Q1 and then closed the game during the press interview

• Fixed a number of instances where some Trophies/Achievements may not unlock in certain circumstances

• Various other stability and bug fixes

Please make sure your graphic card drivers are up-to-date, for reference, these are currently considered to be:

AMD 19.5.2

Nvidia 431.36

We are continuing to track down and fix more bugs and we’ll have more information about any further patches soon - if you notice anything about these notes that aren’t right, or you think don’t work as they should, please let us know here!

2 Likes

Nice. That first point was what messed up @oltman’s tyres last night, wasn’t it? Too much wear on his quali lap and then having to start the race on those worn tyres?

2 Likes

Here’s a in-game lap of Hockenheim with Brendon Leigh, the 2 tune F1 Esports Champion. He uses a couple of lines that differ from the racing line assist I think. And his gearing, especially through the last 4/5 corners at the end of the lap are completely different to what I’ve been using based on the “manual and suggested” setting.

(I need to go check if he does these for all the races - could be interesting to compare how he does Hungary for example.)

2 Likes

Hahaha! The comments on that video:

@68s
Leigh: “You can carry more speed than you think.”
Vettel: ¯(-.-)/¯

2 Likes

I just did the eSports event at a difficulty level of 40 and it was a lot of fun and also very easy. Will try a harder difficulty some time this week.

That’s just crazy fast. Unbelievable really.

1 Like

I tried to get into it last night but kept getting an error about not being able to connect to the Codemasters server or something. Will try again tomorrow maybe. It runs for a while still doesn’t it?

1 Like

I had the same error but it worked again after I restarted the game.

But yes it will run for a while still.

1 Like

Also, I love this game. I barely get time to play anything else. I love how I’m slowly getting better. How when you start a track you suck and then as you learn to get better you see your times becoming more respectable. I love how it’s so difficult to master. It’s like Dark Souls but with a wheel.

1 Like

Hey guys! If any of you are playing F1 2018 of XBOX, then please join us for a race at 9pm today. It is run by XBOXPlayDatesZA. Look for Dawid22 and GlennZA to join the lobbies. It is nothing serious and we all just have fun!

4 Likes

R230! Cheap!

3 Likes