F1 24 - EA Sports F1 Games

Wow that was quick!

2 Likes

Well I just had a very frustrating weekly event race.

Firstly, I did the qualifying on mediums so that I can switch to softs later. Only to start on softs so that was pointless.

Then I was taken out right at the start of the race so now I know how some of you feel. Had to make my way back to the front. Got to 6th place and got behind a guy from Japan. The lag was so bad that I couldn’t figure out where he actually was. So I thought I was passing him and then suddenly he was inside my car and it was a hell of a confusing and then I went of the road.

Ended up in 7th place.

1 Like

I tried the weekly race earlier today and could not get in. Tried again just after 11pm and they were all done!

So I did the eSports race on 85% dificulty and passed, however with lower points that the one I did on 70% dificulty :thinking:

2 Likes

Had a great race in career mode! I drive for Mclaren and at the Canadian GP I qualified around 5th. On lap 2 I cliped the front wing and decided to pit straight away, even though it might have been fine for longer. I skipped the mediums and went straight for the hard tyres. I came out of the pits in 17th.

It took a lap or so for the tyres to warm up, but by then everyone else’s soft tyres were getting shot. So I pushed hard to make up time. At one stage we were three aside coming down the straight towards the pit entry.

When Vettel finally pitted from first place I was just behind him when he came out. His tyres were obviously still cold and I passed him fairly easily and even managed a bit of a gap. But then with 3 laps left I noticed my grip going. The hard compound would not last very much longer. And Vettel was closing the gap. The last lap and a half I had Vettel all over me. He used DRS but I kept driving ultra defensively. At times I though he might actually hit me.

At long last, after the longest few laps of my entire career, I crossed the line in P1! It was the most fun race against AI ever!

4 Likes

@oltman, it’s your turn again. :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously though. I’m done with the esports thing now. Will do the next one again.

2 Likes

Does that mean you beat my score? Nooooo!

Haha, only just. Same difficulty but I have less assists. Your time is much better though.

Also I’m so impressed with us having done this on Expert difficulty! Yay us!

Yeah! Well done us! I cannot do it without the brakes assist. I need way more practise. But I might try with manual gearing at least… Unless it ended like now.

You still have the whole day. :slight_smile:

You should be able to beat difficulty level 90. I overtake Perez on the 2nd last lap so with your times you should surely be able to catch him at a higher difficulty.

Thanks @Solitude! Made it with 2 minutes left… And I will be wrecked at work! THANKS A LOT!!!

1 Like

Haha very impressive! Nicely done.

What time did you do that?

The worst is if you get a warning during the whole thing then you have to restart. There’s one corner that caused me no end of grief.

1 Like

Well done everyone. I managed to only just do one run to get some points and some times in. When I checked I was in the top 20% for my score, which is great. But I never tried at a higher difficulty level. Managed to beat out the challenge with one lap to spare, so had some headroom to go higher. But at least I did the challenge.

1 Like

It’s just crazy that you did it in one run. Crazy!

So my wheel was not available as it is being installed in my rig, so I did mine with a controller. So I had to learn gear changes first on the buttons. The big problem with that is that my ERS and fuel management is on the D-pad, on the left. And I use my left thumb to steer. I made so many mistakes trying to make changes while turning!

And the flipping first corner and and track warnings were my biggest foe! Either I go too tight and cut the inside, or I go wide…

I ended up doing my best lap 5 minutes to 1. When I quit the race I saw there was 2 minutes left!

1 Like

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/41629-pad-vs-wheel-completely-broken/

Makes me want to try out a pad and see how the times compare to the wheel.

I see there’s been a couple of patches out since I last played. Looking forward to trying out the game again.

1 Like

We better start this league before I get my wheel back!!! :rofl:

3 Likes

@oltman It’s your turn!

I realised that the eSports thing is running again. I did a quick run and completed it at difficulty level 60. You should be able to beat it quite easily.

1 Like

Wow! Amazing how much points are deducted for the assists! This was on controller, so I definitely needed them.

2 Likes

I’ll try again tomorrow. Also on difficulty level 70. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your turn!

2 Likes