F1 24 - EA Sports F1 Games

Couldn’t they have the three standing side-by-side? Looks like they are skimping on the designer budgets and just getting someone to crop three images and then stitch them together. Those different backgrounds and clearly cut hoomans are just distracting.

2 Likes

Again, I will be about 6-10 months behind the curve here. I cannot keep spending R1000 each year. It will end up costing more than iRacing!

3 Likes

I know, it’s ridiculous. I sure hope it’s just a temporary thing that they threw together for the social media posts. Even so, five minutes with Photoshop and I could produce a better cover, even if it was just for a social media post.

1 Like

I’ll keep putting that R1000 cost plus another R200 to my annual EA Plus subscription so that Kid Redd can keep hanging out with her Sims and I can get to play Star Wars Jedi (once they fix it) and F1 23 when it releases. If it wasn’t for that though, I’d be right there with you on waiting for the end-of-season sale to happen.

2 Likes

A sharp Redditor managed to grab a screenshot of the updated About section for the game from the Steam page, before it was taken down - presumably because it was revealed too early.

If it’s accurate (and things work! not holding my breath):

• the new circuit (Las Vegas) and the newish one (Qatar) are both in game from the start.
  • the Braking Point story mode is back (we figured that much with the Konnesport and Devon Butler tease from last week.)
  • Red Flags are in!
  • There’s a new 35% race distance option, which sounds ideal actually - 25% is too short, 50% is too long. 35% is Sprint Race length, so you could potentially do a full season of Sprint Races.
  • there’s “expanded cross-platform multiplayer” - not entirely sure what that entails though
  • F1 World returns. Just in time, I need a new couch for my fictional supervillain hideout supercar garage.
4 Likes

Be the last to brake in EA SPORTS™ F1® 23 coming to PlayStation 4|5, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and PC on June 16, 2023.

F1® 23 delivers a new chapter in the thrilling “Braking Point” story mode, dramatic wheel-to-wheel racing at new Las Vegas and Qatar circuits, fresh rewards to earn in F1® World, updated 2023 cars with the official F1® driver lineup, and more!

Pre-order the F1® 23 Champions Edition now to get 3 days early access and exclusive content: F1® 23 - Pre Order

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/f1-23

Release date: June 16, 2023 6:00 AM GMT+02:00

1 Like

Gameplay features “deep dive” coming tomorrow, probably:

1 Like

Here’s the Part 1 Deep Dive, looking at game features:

Glad to hear that the Portimao, Shanghai, and Paul Ricard circuits are being kept in. And to be fair, the Vegas and Qatar circuits look really good. The improved controller handling will have some up in arms about the game going all arcade and console only, but I’m okay with it. (I can’t say how I know but the controller handling really is very good). Red flags look like a solid addition too - if they work reliably!

1 Like

Deep Dive #2: The Braking Point story mode is back. F1 World creates a variety of solo and multiplayer events and challenges.

Sky Sports F1® presenter Natalie Pinkham returns for another Deep Dive into F1® 23. Find out more about the next chapter of the thrilling Braking Point story mode. Plus, details on new feature F1® World that’s set to reinvent how you enjoy F1®. Earn rewards, upgrade your car, and take on the world in a revamped ranked multiplayer ladder.

I’m still not convinced they’re using the term “deep dive” properly… these are more like a “shallow paddle”.

2 Likes

First look at F1 23 gameplay and the new Las Vegas Strip circuit.

And no, Maldonado is not back on the F1 grid - the devs just used his name as the 2nd My Team driver for the clip.

3 Likes

Lando does a short race around the Las Vegas circuit on his streaming rig. Doesn’t do so great for his first time. I don’t feel so bad about being so kak. :smiley:

1 Like

Pre-load is now available for all pre-order players (if this is you, :roll_eyes:) and EA Play subscribers.

Deluxe Edition pre-order players (double :roll_eyes:) and EA Play Pro subscribers get Early Access from next Tuesday, 13 June from 6:00. Normies wait until Friday, 16 June.

Game release versions of all of the official cars have also been revealed:

Obviously going to need so patch changes to the Merc, and some updated sponsor logos in places too. Also, there’s something weird going on with some of the colours in these shots. The Ferrari is obvious. One or two others look off too. Could just be a combination of the angle and light used in the shots.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Tiametmarduk/status/1668691205620637706?s=20

1 Like

Had a very quick look late last night just to see if the installation went okay - had a weird load shedding blip in the middle of doing the download. Played the first couple of chapters of the Brake Point story which seem to go okay. Definitely need to find better settings than the defaults for my controller though - was understeering into every vaguely tight corner.

Story mode is not totally as cringey as I was expecting. Decent enough cutscene dialogue and acting (it is a racing game after all) There’s a variety of roles you take in different scenarios through the story. Decisions you make do have impact on other aspects of the story - team morale in one, for example. So far I’ve played as both drivers and the team boss, and it sounded like I’d be playing as a F2 driver in the next chapter.

So far so good - but the true test will be how things go tomorrow when the game releases fully and the servers get swamped…

3 Likes

F1 23 on 40% off sale until 1 August (at least on Steam, haven’t bothered checking elsewhere) BUT, only the Champions Edition - R1300 down to R780. Still not tempted personally.

Standard Edition is still full price at R1100. Even if it was also discounted down to R660, I’d still be hesitant.

Even with 40% off, both editions would cost more than the Valve suggested regional price for South Africa:

4 Likes

Big F1 23 promo happening this weekend to coincide with the inaugural Las Vegas Strip GP.

Game is on 60% off sale until 21 November on Steam:

Even bigger discount (64%) via the EA App:

No indication of whether discounts will still come to Xbox and PlayStation, or to EGS… will keep checking.

F1® 23 | Download and Buy Today - Epic Games Store
https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/f1-23

Las Vegas Grand Prix - Scenario Event

Play F1® 23’s latest scenario now.

As a fascinating 2023 Formula 1 Las Vegas Grand Prix draws to a close, Lewis Hamilton has a decision to make; stick with his worn hard tyres, or gamble on a fresh set of softs? Either way, Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team is expecting a win - can he deliver?

Play from November 14th to November 19th and unlock new F1® World rewards. In-game Menu: F1 World > Play > Solo & Multiplayer > Scenario

Free to Play Weekend

Play F1® 23 for free from 16 - 20 November

From November 16 to November 20, players worldwide will have the opportunity to experience the dazzling Las Vegas Grand Prix circuit and play F1 23 for free on Playstation 4 and Playstation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC (Steam).

F1 23 is coming to Game Pass via EA Play this Thursday:

1 Like

Anyone keen for a championship?

2 Likes

Maybe. Possibly. Probably.

1 Like

F1 24 arrives 31 May.

Pre-order now :point_right: Pre-Order F1® 24 - Available May 31 on PC, Playstation and Xbox - EA Sports™

F1® 23 players can jump into Time Trial challenges using the all-new Alpine, Haas, McLaren, and Williams 2024 team cars by pre-ordering F1® 24 Champions Edition by April 24.

Get all the F1® 24 information here :point_right: JOIN THE F1®️ GRID FOR THE SEASON START BY PRE-ORDERING F1®️ 24

Get closer to the grid like never before with F1® 24, the official videogame of the 2024 FIA Formula One World Championship™.

The digital-exclusive Champions Edition equips you with two new Formula 1® Icons, 18,000 PitCoin, and an F1® World Bumper Pack featuring resources for single and multiplayer gameplay events. Players will also receive up to three days of early access starting May 28, and all pre-orders come with one bonus VIP Podium Pass.

Players pre-ordering the Standard Edition will receive 5,000 PitCoin and an F1® World Starter Pack.

Subscribe to @EASPORTSF1 and catch the full F1®️ 24 reveal in April.

“Buy Now! Pre Order! Buy!” Barf! :face_vomiting: