Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout

Currently the 4th most popular game on Steam (according to the concurrent player count) Fall Guys is a bright rainbow of fun amidst the more hardcore top sellers.

Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout flings hordes of contestants together online in a mad dash through round after round of escalating chaos until one victor remains! Battle bizarre obstacles, shove through unruly competitors, and overcome the unbending laws of physics as you stumble towards greatness. Leave your dignity at the door and prepare for hilarious failure in your quest to claim the crown!

Think Takeshi’s Castle / Ultimate Wipeout.

Massive Online Pandemonium: Dive into a series of ridiculous challenges and wild obstacle courses with masses of other competitors online, all with the hopes of making the cut and advancing to the next round of mayhem.

Competitive & Cooperative: Shift between competitive free-for-alls and cooperative challenges where the losing team all get eliminated!

Comically Physical: Watch in delight as your fellow competitors bend, bounce, and bash their way to hilarious, physics-based failure!

They’ve done a good job with the netcode and the physics work as you’d expect them to as you get shoved around by the crowd.

Underneath the bright exterior is a game that provides a good challenge to your skills, while at the same time being light-hearted enough that failing doesn’t sting too much.

The game is nicely priced, Devolver seems to give us Saffa’s decent regional pricing so Fall Guys is a mere R130 for the base game (the DLC is purely cosmetic).

I’ve been enjoying the game, it’s great for that short little burst of gaming in between things.

3 Likes

Yeah I played a little but it doesn’t sink it’s teeth into me, one of those Saturday morning games I play with my kid. Play an hour and I’m done.

1 Like

Has anyone gotten their first win yet?

I managed to grab the crown in the last game.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Wow! That’s awesome! I really enjoy the game, and hope they keep adding levels and more modes.

1 Like
1 Like

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=226606328780937&extid=IrILt2G0xj20RQWZ

1 Like

That’s brilliant!

1 Like
1 Like

Going Free to Play for all from 21 June. Switch, PlayStation 5, all the Xbox consoles, and Epic Games Store versions being added. Full cross-play and cross-progression.

2 Likes

This makes sense. They already have the monetisation sorted out with the various outfits you can purchase in the game.

3 Likes

Just when I finally decided to buy haha. FML. ok I bought about 2 months ago but still.
EDIT: oh at least they give existing players something. nice.

3 Likes

Was never really something for me but the business model supports the decision so it makes sense.

1 Like

Free For All Day. Is no longer available for sale through Steam, but existing Steam owners can still use their Steam game as before. Season 1 freebies should be available to existing owners today as well.

New PC players need to visit the Epic Game Store and “purchase” from there.

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/fall-guys

2 Likes

Think I may jump back in and play again. Plenty of new content has been added.

Oh and it’s now available on XBox so the kids and I can party up and play and fail to win together :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

a MEW night of epic Fall Guys fails would be hillarious.

4 Likes

Make it happen!

4 Likes

4 Likes

No wonder the servers were dying on release day. Fortunately login worked the next day and Epic’s crossplay integration meant my son could team up with me from the Xbox and we could compete as a Duo.

3 Likes