Farm RPG - The mobile/browser farming game you need to play

I stumbled upon Farm RPG over the holidays, and I have to share it with everyone, as I believe this to be the finest idle/farming/mobile game I’ve tried out in a long time.

In Farm RPG, you can plant stuff that takes some time to grow, harvest it, and then sell it for a profit. You can also fish, craft items and explore areas for different materials. So far it sounds all generic and expected, but here is the sentence that changes and makes this game special; this game is the Dwarf Fortress of Farming and idle games!

This game is deeper than the thoughts of an emo 14-year-old kid and gets deeper and deeper the longer you play. There is a TON of stuff to do constantly in the game. Sure, there is no real graphics to speak of, but let me gush about the game and try to convince you to give it a go.

Firstly, there are no invasive ads or monetization in the game. You have an in-game currency (Silver) and a premium currency you can buy with real money (Gold), but the game showers you with so much gold that you never really feel like you need to spend a cent on the game to get ahead. As the developers state in their About page:

This game is free-to-play and doesn’t require any purchases to progress and enjoy the content.

The next point I want to talk about is the sheer amount of content. Here is an incomplete list of stuff you can do in the game, as I’ve not yet reached end game content:

• Plant and harvest over 20 different crops
  • Fish in different areas for over 100 different fish and items
  • Craft over 700 different items
  • Explore different areas to find over 50 different buildings and other material
  • Complete over 3000 tasks for the 20+ townsfolk
  • Level up various skills in-game by just completing those actions in game
  • Give items to townsfolk to grow your friendship, which will give you either rare items or new quests
  • Build 15 different buildings on your farm to automate tasks and give different items
  • Cook over 500 different meals through a mini-game to give in-game buffs
  • Go to one of the 25 building in-town to either sell stuff, buy stuff, do stuff
  • Take daily quizzes about the deep lore of the game and all the characters for powerful items
  • Chat with friendly and VERY welcoming community of other players of the game to get some help, talk about general stuff, talk about spoilers for in-game stories, trade items or ask for items
  • Create personal tasks that friends can help with.
  • Add friends and help them in their Farm RPG journey
  • Complete Temple Sacrifices for a lot of awesome items
  • Have Raptor battles against dragons!!!
  • Complete Choose-Your-Own-Adventure style quests for super rare items and story progression
  • Buy pets that will give you items hourly
  • Play the Steak Market, which is like the in-game stock market

And this is just me being at level 50 odd in most skills. Skills go up to level 99 and there is A LOT more stuff that is locked for me.

Here are some more screenshots of the game:

Farm RPG is available within the GOOGLE PLAY STORE and APPLE APP STORE at those links, and can also be played within your browser by going to THIS LINK, plus it is planned to be ADDED TO STEAM in the future.

4 Likes

Sounds fun. Will give it a go. Drop your Referral Code for us:

1 Like

Crap yes I forgot about that. Here is my referral code for anyone to use:

237EF6

3 Likes

I just want to say that this game is so much fun. I’ve started playing yesterday and I’m hooked XD even got the misses on it aswell. That’s @DieGrootHammer for finding this gem

2 Likes

Seconded. Been playing for going on two weeks now, and am hooked, but in a good way.

Getting into the habit of planting and harvesting quick crops in the morning with morning coffee and selling stuff from the previous day. And then planting a crop that takes hours while I’m at work/busy so that I can rinse and repeat in the evenings.

I’ll pop in every now and then during the day to empty out my inventories that are full.

One early lesson I’ve learned is that you can’t ever have enough inventory space. I’ve mostly avoided spending Gold on anything but I think I’m going to have to accept that it’s the only effective way to increase inventory space. The Storehouse helps, but it’s slow growth with only 2 additional slots per day.

@1nF4m0u5, and anyone else that is playing, or starts playing, drop your in-game name here so I can add you as a Friend. And your Referral Code.

And if you’re just starting out, feel free to use mine or anyone else’s codes when registering for bonus goodies once you’ve played a bit.

Mine is: 7005B0

Worth mentioning one small issue though… the game’s servers have presumably been taking strain over the last week or so. There have been a number of outages and I get regular bursts of micro lag, especially noticeable when fishing. The downtimes are never very long and are useful in that they make you realise how late it is and suggest that you should actually go to bed already.

1 Like

I’m very happy you guys are enjoying the game. At the moment it’s replaced all other games I play on my phone.

@GregRedd I calculated that, at this point in my game I’ve spent about 500 to 600 gold on in game upgrades. And I’ve bought any of the gold packs with real money. Gold flows like a river! I highly suggest you look at getting some upgrades bought. I’ve upgraded the Storeroom twice right now, so each day my inventory increases by 8. It’s absolutely worth while.

Also regarding the lag, I read on the games subreddit, the game quadrupled in playerbase within a month or 2. Naturally the servers they have were no match to the influx of new players. Honestly, compared to end of December the game runs MUCH Better right now.

2 Likes

How big is your inventory space now? Just so I can track my progress as I get towards your current levels.

1 Like

Currently sitting with 758 inventory space. It not yet big enough that’s because I only bought the Storeroom quite late. I have bought a fair few gold inventory upgrades that’s helped as well.

2 Likes

I’ll have to look at my code but one thing I can say for sure is that both me and the misses love this game. We spend most of our time farming together :smile: still on the building side just added the Iron works so trying to upgrade that to the fullest that I can but overall a great gem

1 Like

I tried it, found it overwhelming, and gave me anxiety.

1 Like