Favourite Holiday Spots

We’ve been privileged enough to get away for a much needed holiday. We stayed at place called Wyndford Holiday Farm an old school place with full board farm style meals. It sits on the border of the Caledon river, overlooking Lesotho. We had a great time there enjoying my some hikes and the various activities. We’re now in the Drakensberg at a place called Castleburn, staying at a house in the resort owned by family. It’s incredible how quiet it is (when the kids stop making a racket).

What are some of your favourite holiday destinations?

I’ll upload some pictures shortly.

4 Likes

Castleburn is awesome. I was there 2 weeks ago. That part of the Drakensburg is one of my favourite places to go

2 Likes
3 Likes

Very cool. Was it cold when the sun went down? Those mountains in the background look like they have some snow on them. Also what does the arrow point to? A tunnel?

1 Like

The last trip I was on was the one to Gecko Rock, it was a great location, wrong people.

I haven’t been on a vacation in years

2 Likes

My home

4 Likes

If petrol wasn’t so expensive, I’d be in Kruger way more often than once every year or two…

3 Likes

It does get chilly at night. Nice and warm in the day though. The arrow is a trail marker. Sadly no tunnel :smile:

2 Likes

Castleburn is the best place in the Berg! Hope you go for a hike! Start by heading South, then west up the mountaon and finally North right up to Drak Gardens! Amazing hike, easy enough for teenagers to join, and breathtaking views!

2 Likes

The Drakensberg in general just steals my heart, it’s my favourite place in the world.

If I have to be more specific, I would probably go with something like Himeville, it’s great for camping. If that’s not your thing and prefer the confines of solid infrastructure, be sure to check out St. Bernards Peak which is more Southern Drak.

1 Like