FIFA World Cup 2022

Pretty strong statement by the Iranian team:

https://www.aljazeera.com/sports/2022/11/22/irans-coach-angered-over-political-pressure-on-world-cup-squad

4 Likes

Not been excited for this one nor the previous one. Human rights issues of Russia and Qatar have made it very difficult.

1 Like

Quite the upset for Argentina.

3 Likes

Absolutely, a few questionable fouls.

Tunisia is playing a good game too!

1 Like

Wow… Probably the best game I’ve seen this far. Mexico played their hearts out and a damn good game if I do say so. Poland, which I thought would win, had a terrible game with only two shots on target.

2 Likes

Have not seen 1 second of the World Cup so far… Kinda proud of that.

2 Likes

Another good and entertaining game where Australia are playing surprisingly well but they can’t outshine France, who are on point.

2 Likes

I am in the same boat as you :smiley:

1 Like

Only match reports in the Goal.Live app and highlights from non-FIFA sources for me. If Germany/Spain and Brazil make the final I’ll watch that.

2 Likes

Your load shedding schedule must be something special to be able to watch at the moment.

2 Likes

We’ve been going off from 4-6 PM, every day this week while on Stage 4.

2 Likes

While I would prefer to see Croatia take this one, Maraco are playing a very strong game and really giving them stick.

2 Likes
2 Likes

There’s been some genuine upsets this year so far. The Saudi’s beating Argentina and Japan surprising Germany.

Spain has looked most dominant, and France are strong. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them in the Semi’s, if not the finals together.

No African teams have won yet, so it’s up to Ghana to get a surprise win against the Portuguese.

3 Likes

Agreed, a few underdog and weaker teams have surprised me. Even if they haven’t scored or won they still offer a good game.

France were looking really strong along with Spain, but that is to be expected. Sadly I didn’t catch that Germany game but I’m rooting for them a lot. Cameroon played a really good game with tenacity. Likewise, Korea looked strong.

I suspect Portugal should do well, but I don’t see them going all the way. Brazil has potentiom to get to fi als I reckon with France and a possible Spain.

3 Likes

What a cracking game, the best game thus far. I have always loved watching and supporting Ghana, they played exceptionally well and can be proud of that result. The first game that has had me continuously shouting at the TV.

4 Likes

Both Belgium and Germany out! :open_mouth:

1 Like

Wow Germany.

2 Likes

Yeah, Japan played so frikken well and deserved the slot. I was hoping Germany was going to go far from the start but they disappointed early on. Spain’s 7-0 win did wonders for them early on. Happy to see Croatia move through too.

Tonight’s games are gonna be big and I’m really rooting for Ghana and Cameroon.

2 Likes

There have been a few big upsets this tournament. It’s
been entertaining. Both Morocco and Senegal are through to the knockouts, it would be amazing if Ghana and Cameroon could join them. Ghana certainly have a chance. It would be a miracle if Cameroon beat Brazil

3 Likes