Final Fantasy VII Remake on Steam

It took a while, but eventually FF VII Remake Intergrade is available on Steam.

This game contains FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE, a new episode called FF7R EPISODE INTERmission that features Yuffie as the main character, and Photo Mode, which allows you to take pictures of memorable moments.

This game is a remake of FINAL FANTASY VII, first released in 1997.

The first title in a multi-part series, it is based on the story from the original game, up to the escape from Midgar, adding in new elements.

Unfortunately, in typical Square Enix fashion, there is no Steam Regional Pricing on the game, and even with a launch discount of -29% (until 23 June) is an expensive buy: R1015 versus the full price of R1429 when the launch promotion ends.

Personally, I’ve never gotten into the Final Fantasy games at all, but I know there’s a couple of MEWbs who are FF fans. And with over 160 million Final Fantasy games sold, and a franchise spanning over 35 years, there must be something in them that is appealing. And with metacritic scores of 89 and 83 user, VII must be a decent game in its own right.

So, FF fans, what do you love about the Final Fantasy games? And what makes this one any different or more special than all the others that it deserves a remake?

1 Like

!!!

3 Likes

not gonna lie the only reason I really like FF7 is because I saw the Advent Children movie, the action and cool swords were the best thing for a young Tech, and the fact that this is now on PC is great, unfortunately this is only part 1 of the remake as far as I am aware, I would really like the full game first.

I am not the biggest FF fan actually, I never played any FF game ever since they were all on console(as far as I am aware) I tried the series with Lighting(can’t remember the number) which is on gamepass, but the combat is just not fun to experience for me.

I would like to play the Final Fantasy online game (14 i think?) but that subscription price is too much for me.

2 Likes

I havefond memories of playing some of the Final Fantasy games on my friends PlayStation, especially IX.

VII is considered to be one of the best entries in the series but I’ve never played it. And at that crazy pricing it will remain unplayed until there is a very very significant discount.

2 Likes

Looks like we’re not the only ones feeling the price point is a little steep:

SA price is second highest on the SteamDB Price Chart, 277% above the Valve Suggested Price.

https://steamdb.info/sub/514802/

We should be paying R379 for it.

2 Likes

Pretty sure it was FF7 we were sharing the rom of in high school and competing to see how far we got each day.

2 Likes

FF8 was on PC, it’s also the only one I played, and man, I loved that game to bits. Haven’t played a FF game since. Keen on picking up FF15 though when theres a gap in my backlog.

2 Likes

I went out and bought the original release of FF VII on launch day, and a PS1 memory card.

Then I went to the video store to rent a playstation for the weekend while I waited for the console I ordered for myself to arrive.

I got stuck in the game, kept running back and forth between the only two locations available or something, and never finished the game :expressionless:

2 Likes

I’ve never been able to get past the first boss of the original, I think it was some kind of scorpion or spider thing. I just decided the game wasn’t for me.

Not sure if I want to get the remake, but for those who are interested it’s a lot cheaper on greenman gaming

See here: $39.75 from GMG with discount code (reusable) :: FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE General Discussions (steamcommunity.com)

5 Likes

I’ve tried almost every FF game but the only one I’ve finished is Tactics, and recently FF7 Remake (the base game on PS4).

It is genuinely excellent. They captured what made the original great and modernised it. It’s not perfect: there are too many ‘walking sections’ and the combat system isn’t properly explained, but once you get used to it, it is spectacular and fun.

The presentation is probably the highlight for me, it just oozes quality. Gorgeous visuals, good music and incredible voice acting make this an easy game to recommend.

3 Likes