Fixing XBox Controller

Any suggestions on where to get a MS XBox One Controller repaired?

I bought a brand new controller 7 months ago, within 3 months I started having stick drift issues so they replaced it with a refurbished one under warranty. Now a month or two after the warranty expired, it has left stick drift. After the previous warranty claim, to prevent this issue, I’ve been keeping the controller in a packet to protect from dust whenever I’m not using it. Seems it was pointless.

My previous controller lasted about 2 years before it started getting drift issues and the XBox 360 controller lasted even longer I think.

1 Like

Out of my four controllers I am experiencing drift on my left stick with the white one that came with the Series S. I’ve thought about trying to repair myself though haven’t got around to looking up how, I wasn’t aware places repaired controllers.

My current and previous controllers are white. The previous one, I attempted to repair myself following instructions from Youtube. It made no difference and after going through the process again, it is now a paperweight. None of the sticks are working anymore.

If I find a decent place that does repairs, I must maybe repair both.

Found a place here in Centurion. Blind Ant Gaming. Fixed the new controller and also my older controller that I broke more when attempting to fix the stick drift myself with guidance from Youtube videos. Cost was R350 per controller.

Tested both thus far and they’re working perfectly. Why I never thought of looking for someone to just repair my controllers, I don’t know. Now to find someone to repair my amp for my surround sound system.

4 Likes

That’s great to hear, I should try find a service like that here as well.

Making a note of this - I’ve got a controller whose copper contact for the batteries fell out, so it’s been relegated to my desk for my desktop controller. I’ve got a client pretty much across the road from these guys, so it’ll be a small detour to get this fixed. Thanks!

1 Like