Forever Skies

During a recent Next Fest on Steam I played the demo for upcoming first-person post-apocalyptic survival game Forever Skies and was really impressed by it. I loved the concept of building an airship and floating through islands in the sky. The game also had some interesting concepts, such as the disease/cure system. In many ways the game reminds me of Subnautica (despite being the opposite of underwater).

It turns out, a great deal of others were also suitably impressed with the game and based on the feedback the developers have decided to push back the early access release into next year so that they can incorporate more adjustments based on the feedback and deliver a fuller product.

We will now be launching in the first half of 2023.

Why? Well in the last month, 80000+ players tried our demo and many provided a mass of positive and constructive feedback. We have decided to take a lot of this feedback onboard now and expand the scope of the game that will launch in Early Access. But to do so, we need a bit more time.

WHAT FEEDBACK STEERED US TO THIS DECISION
To put it bluntly - we simply didn’t expect so much positive attention and feedback from our demo and we’re immensely thankful for this. On the surface everything seemed great. 83% of respondents rated the demo as 8/10 or above. But when we looked deeper, we started seeing things that a lot of players said they missed.

We’re now looking at a much larger influx of players picking up the game during Early Access than originally predicted. So we want to lay down better foundations for more of our core mechanics so everyone can get a much clearer idea of what else to expect from the future of Forever Skies.

3 Likes

Oh yes and for those who prefer their survival experiences with friends, there will be co-op.

CORE FEATURES STILL COMING DURING EARLY ACCESS:

We also want to quickly highlight the features we’ve already announced that will be added later during Early Access.

The first big one is co-op, up to 4 players. Everything we design takes into account that it’s possible that at some point, 4 players could be playing. This isn’t a feature we’re just adding in after the fact. That said, the game keeps evolving and the co-op system we have at this point is very basic. So we know co-op is going to be something we work on for a notable part of our time in Early Access.

3 Likes

Definitely has me interested, can’t wait to see more, hopefully some content creators get early preview builds that I could check out.

4 Likes

Happy to say that I’m one of those 80 000+ who purchased the game, and one of the elite 9 who discovered the flashlight :sweat_smile:

Loving the game. Reached the “end” of the quest line, but still have plenty to discover. My mission now is to discover and fabricate all the blueprint designs in order to build my dream airship. The latest patch has already made a huge improvement with some welcome additions based on players’ feedback, which bodes well for the future.

3 Likes