Forza Horizon

Agrees in Toyota Corolla(1995)

Actually I believe NFSU2 had one corolla in it but yeah, very much doubt will ever see one in a game again. even though everyone in my city has made me offers on my car because they want to modify it and use it for drag racing… so it very much has the potential for a race car.

3 Likes

Hahahah yeah Toyota Corollas are favorites.

3 Likes

I have a Corolla as well. :sweat_smile: (2016)

2 Likes

Hahaha, in my rush this morning I read it as the XBOX not Xbow! :rofl: :man_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

No Alfa, BMW or Mazda. These pretty big brands, so I’m hoping they’ll be confirmed later.

2 Likes

PC specs for Forza Horizon 5 are out:

https://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/forza-horizon-5-pc-specs

Can you cope?

4 Likes

Those are some pretty generous specs :wink: Recommended for me!

3 Likes

IGN compare “Quality Mode” to “Performance Mode” on the Xbox Series X in 4K.

1 Like

Forza Horizon 5’s gameplay feels familiar to veterans of the series, but also makes smart decisions to create a more accessible experience for newcomers. There are also plenty of welcome changes for the Forza Horizon community. Sadly, these improvements do not include 720 or 900 degrees of rotation for the steering animation, or individual license plates for each car (sorry).

Trash game, not even worth a look…

/s

2 Likes
1 Like

Taking the saying: “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” very much into account, this looks so much like Horizon 4 it’s insane.

1 Like

FH5 Store Page on Steam is now live with pricing, for those that prefer to purchase from there:

Three versions, three prices:

Here’s the version differences:

The Game Pass Premium Add-On is for Game Pass players who want it all. Your Game Pass subscription gets you the Standard Edition, the Premium Add-On gets you all the bells and whistles. If that is your bag, set aside a cool R800 :astonished: (Well technically only R719.10 because presumably you’d only buy it if you were already a Game Pass subscriber and that would get you a super huge 10% discount.)

1 Like

Seeing as this is Microsoft party title and thus coming to Game Pass on Day One, we can assume it will stay on Game Pass model indefinitely. Why then would you purchase it?

1 Like

I guess because not everyone has or wants a Game Pass subscription? Some people possibly just prefer the security of outright ownership. If I cancel or end my Game Pass subscription for whatever reason I won’t have access to the game. If I own it, I always will.

Also, though it probably won’t happen for years, MS have removed first-party Forza titles from sale and access in the past - mostly due to music licences (and some vehicle licenses) expiring. They pulled Forza Motorsport 7 from the Xbox Store and Game Pass Library as recently as September. If you own it outright, you can still play it. If not, too bad. No FM7 for you ever again.

That said, I personally think if you’re going to spend R1000 on one game, you would be certifiable if you didn’t instead opt for 10 months of Game Pass access for the same amount. But that’s just me. Others may feel differently. And who am I to tell others how to spend their money? :smiley:

Just checked - Forza Motorsport 7 was released on 3 October 2017 and pulled on 15 September 2021. That’s just 4 years. Nowhere near “indefinitely”. First party game sure, but with so much third party licensing… Still, I wouldn’t buy this one outright until the announcement of its end-of-life at which point it’ll get discounted by 80% for two months before being removed (like FM7 was). If I like it, that’s when I’d buy it.

2 Likes

to play offline :grinning:

2 Likes

The thing which worries me is whether the saves from the MS Gamepass version will be compatible with the Steam one. I believe it was not in FH4. I’d hate to lose my progression if I decide to switch.

I also had poor performance on the Steam version, when running the game off a mechanical drive something which the Gamepass version did not have (according to some of my friends).

1 Like

Very valid concern - and sadly, like FH4, saves won’t be compatible again:

1 Like

That’s crazy, you can get at least 10 months of Game Pass for that price.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I said :smiley:

1 Like