Free Weeks/Weekends, Open Betas, Other Limited-Time Free Access Games

I finally got my free month Origin Access too!

1 Like

Borderlands 3 Free Weekend on console. It might only be for Xbox Gold and PSN Plus members though, not sure.

Free (long) Weekend for Rainbow Six Siege;

https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/free-weekend/index.aspx

The free version of Rainbow Six Siege offers access to all of the maps, modes and Operators present in the full version, giving you the full Siege experience over the Free Weekend.

WHEN CAN I PLAY?
You can access the Free Weekend during the following times for each platform:

PC: November 21st 13:00 UTC – November 25th 20:00 UTC.
XBOX ONE: November 21st 08:01 UTC - November 25th 05:00 UTC.
PLAYSTATION 4: November 21st 13:00 UTC - November 25th 13:00 UTC.

HOW CAN I ACCESS RAINBOW 6 FREE WEEKEND?

PC : Go to your Uplay PC Launcher.
XBOX ONE : The Free Weekend will be available to Xbox Live Gold users. To join in on your Xbox One, visit the Rainbow Six Siege product page on the Xbox Store.
PLAYSTATION 4 : Join the Free Weekend on your PlayStation 4 by visiting the Rainbow Six Siege product page on the PlayStation Network.

Includes access to in-game Money Heist themed event:

IN-GAME EVENT: MONEY HEIST
A Rainbow Six: Siege + Netflix collaboration: A limited-time in-game event themed after the Netflix series, Money Heist. Experience your own heist November 20 - 25!

1 Like

Star Citizen Anniversary free fly incoming!

2 Likes

Borderlands 3 will be free to play on Xbox and Playstation this weekend.

Alongside the free weekend, tomorrow a new patch will drop and it includes the free DLC challenge Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite.

The Free Play Days event begins Thursday, November 21 at 12:01 a.m. PST and runs through to Sunday, November 24 at 11:59 p.m. PST.

Xbox users need either Xbox Live Gold or Game Pass Ultimate, Playstation users need PS+.

(Pure speculation, but I’m guessing that it’s not available for PC users due to some issue with the Epic launcher not being able to handle time limited access?)

4 Likes

Bohemia Interactive is delighted to announce the upcoming DayZ Free Weekend, starting on Thursday, February 13th (10 AM PST) and ending on Monday, February 17th (10 AM PST).

To play DayZ for free, head over to the DayZ store page on Steam and install the game – it’s as simple as that.

2 Likes

Oooh! Who is keen for a big team raid in DayZ!? It’s been so long since I played it!

3 Likes

I have never played it - tell me when and I will try download it beforehand :smiley:

What Wyv said - never played it, but willing to give it a go over the weekend if I’m free when you do this raid thing.

1 Like

Basically, it is a bit slow. You drop randomly on a map, normally along the coast. You then loot up as much as you can while avoiding the odd zombie. You also need to look after stamina, hunger and thirst of your character.

Loot respawns every 24 hours and the aim is to survive as long as you can. Teaming up with other players are easiest, but you never know who to trust. Starting with friends make it easier but you dont spawn on the same place on the map.

So, you spawn, find loot while finding your friends, survive and team up or kill other players for their loot. It sounds drab but gets VERY tense!

3 Likes

I think I’ve played a few hours of this. Mostly involved running and slowly dying because of lack of food. Encountering another player is very tense - but there was a great deal of boredom too.

Playing with others would definitely help, the conversation keeps away some of the boredom :smile:

2 Likes

@Nosferatie and I have played quite a bit. We are “super sluipers” and tended to keep to ourselves. We would kit up and hunt for the best gear and stalk other players, seeing how long we can follow them without getting spotted. Also, he killed a rooster once that kept crowing in his backpack.

2 Likes

I’m sure the game is very different from when I last played it which was at least more than 5 years ago!

1 Like
1 Like

I’ve been thinking of giving this game a go again especially with there being local servers. The only question is, do I need another competitive MP game in my life that I need to git gud at

1 Like

If I had someone who had the game files, I would have tried it.

Epic, legendary, brilliant city builder Cities: Skylines is Free-to-Play for this weekend on Steam:

Also BIG discounts on base game (-80% at R63.80) and on Deluxe Edition (-75% at R102.25) for the weekend.

5 Likes

Also, KERBAL!!! Free this weekend!

5 Likes

Free Week for Insurgency Sandstorm:

2 Likes

Just be aware this game has extreme frame rate drops if your lucky not to get it great but if you do get it well the game is almost unplayable.