Game Bundle Deals

The new Humble Choice may just be the worst one yet in my opinion. Definite skip.

2 Likes

Yeah, don’t forget to pause two times again.

3 Likes

It actually had a couple of games from my wishlist so I got it, at $8 of course. We’ll see if I ever end up playing any of it though.

3 Likes

I found myself asking, “what’s the headline game?”

I think Project Wingman is coming to Game Pass anyway.

2 Likes

I don’t know about that. It’s generally kak, but I think there’s been worse Choice Bundles before. House Flipper is pretty chill and Project Wingman looks decent enough (haven’t tried it yet). If I didn’t already have both I’d maybe be tempted. Also, Wingspan is the digital version of the board game that @Shrike raved about a while ago… Didn’t even know it existed in digital form, so have that to the Wishlist, and will POM - Pause Once More.

Has been on GP for PC since July already and went to GP for Console last week.

ETA - Also, only 10 games this month? Isn’t usually 12?

4 Likes

Found an Oculus VR Bundle Deal running over on Fanatical at the moment. No idea if it’s any good, of any value but could be - Oculus users let us know…

[Fanatical Quest VR Bundle] @ R236.71 (Fanatical Quest VR Bundle | Fanatical)

GET ZAR 2,051.62 WORTH OF GAMES
8 AWESOME GAMES
REDEEM ON OCULUS
ALL ACTIVATE IN SOUTH AFRICA

Bundle contains Quest VR versions of:

• Zombieland: Headshot Fever
  • Ghost Giant
  • Death Lap
  • Accounting+
  • Skyworld: Kingdom Brawl
  • Gadgeteer
  • SculptrVR
  • Gloomy Eyes
    • Receive Coupon for 60% off Zero Caliber: Reloaded

Current Bundle price is R236.71

2 Likes

I almost forgot to pause my Humble Choice bundle this month.

2 Likes

A better offering of headliner games in this month’s Humble Choice:

Mafia: Definitive Edition is excellent and Iron Harvest is pretty good too (but also available on Game Pass). Not sure about the rest though. Since I already have Mafia, and Iron Harvest on GP, I’ll be skipping.

2 Likes

For the first time in a long while I will actually not pause. My wife loved the 3 Mafia games and I own 2 and 3 but not the first one.

3 Likes

Some changes to the Humble Choice - looks like they are going back to the old model.

3 Likes

Mmm. I don’t think the model was the root cause of the problem here, but I’ll still keep an eye on what happens.

2 Likes

The new and improved version of Humble Choice is out. And, to be fair, the selections are not shocking. There’s 8 games and 1 DLC in the Choice Bundle. That’s fewer games than bundled over the last few months of Choice. But there’s definitely an uptick in the quality of the games.

Game Steam Reviews: Number Steam Reviews: Score Release Date Steam Price Historic Lowest Steam Price Platforms Opencritic (TCA/100) How Long To Beat? Main Story
Borderlands 3 73282 84.3% (Very Positive) 2020-03-13 R899 R225 Windows 80 22½ Hours
Borderlands 3: Director’s Cut DLC 173 30.64% (Mostly Negative) 2021-04-08 R229 R229 Windows
Black Book 2673 94.95% (Very Positive) 2021-08-10 R150 R98 Windows, Mac 80 25½ Hours
Per Aspera 2285 72.65% (Mostly Positive) 2020-12-03 R175 R88 Windows 80 17½ Hours
Just Die Already 970 82.27% (Very Positive) 2021-05-20 R105 R48 Windows 60
Before We Leave 743 79.68% (Mostly Positive) 2021-05-13 R275 R138 Windows, Mac 75 10½ Hours
Paradise Lost 918 72.66% (Mostly Positive) 2021-03-24 R105 R53 Windows 69 3 Hours
Everhood 6484 96.61% (Overwhelmingly Positive) 2021-03-04 R109 R82 Windows 90 6½ Hours
Calico 2055 90.95% (Very Positive) 2020-12-15 R89 R62 Windows, Mac 70 4½ Hours

(Table from r/humblebundles, localised by YTCAD.)

All of the games and the DLC pack are Steam keys this month - no Epic of GOG curveballs. The games have a total value of R2 136 at Steam’s normal pricing for South Africa. It is worth noting that all 8 of the games are currently on sale on Steam as part of their Lunar New Year Sale.

2 Likes

I think I’ll actually grab this one. I still think that when my year is up I will cancel completely.

2 Likes

I would grab it for bl3 alone, luckily I have the game.

2 Likes

I think I’m going to do the same. BL3 and two others have been on my Wish and Follow lists, and I only have one of the others in my library already. I still have 6 months of my sub left, after which I’m done with Choice too. So many other games, it’s just not worth it anymore.

2 Likes

Can a steam BL3 co-op/play with an epic BL3?

1 Like

I hope so and it should since matchmaking is via their systems

1 Like

F*CK CANCER BUNDLE

Launched yesterday on World Cancer Day, Humble have a new cancer research charity bundle up for the next two weeks: the F*ck Cancer Bundle has 13 decent games in it and will cost you a minimum of $10 (~R155), with 100% of the proceeds going to fund cancer research. (You can choose to pay more than the minimum if you’d like.)

Here’s the list of 13 games included in the bundle. All are Steam keys. Links and details in the list are to the games’ Steam page so that you can check if you have them or not. (I’ll have a couple of extra keys to giveaway sometime.)

3 Likes

Thats a pretty awesome bundle with funds going to a pretty awesome cause!

2 Likes

Turns out that I will skip this one. Looks like last month was my last month. So I cancelled my Humble Choice now.

3 Likes