Game Pass Core

Announced last month, Xbox Game Pass Core is live from today. Priced at R79 per month locally, the new service is the evolution of what was previously known as Xbox Live Gold, with Xbox touting it as offering the “same great online experience, new name, and an added library of games!”

How is Game Pass Core better than Xbox Live Gold?
Game Pass Core brings the benefits of online console multiplayer from Xbox Live Gold, plus access to a compelling and diverse catalogue of over 25 high-quality console games that you can play on your Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One console – all at the same great price as Xbox Live Gold.

And that price is R79 per month, the same as Xbox Live Gold and the same as Game Pass Console or Game Pass PC.

Xbox Live Gold Xbox Game Pass Core
Play together with online console multiplayer :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark:
Games library Two games a month with Games with Gold Catalogue of over 25 high-quality games
Member deals and discounts of up to 50% off selected games :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark:
Play selected, fully featured games with Free Play Days :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark:
Price R 79/​month R 79/​month

Turns out that the “launching with more than 25 games” marketing tag line is actually true for a change - Core subscribers will be getting access to 36 games from today. Here’s the full list:

Among Us Astroneer
Celeste Dead Cells
Descenders Dishonored 2
DOOM Eternal Standard Fable Anniversary
Fallout 4 Fallout 76
Firewatch Forza Horizon 4 Standard
Gang Beasts Gears 5 GotY Edition
Golf With Your Friends Grounded
Halo 5: Guardians Halo Wars 2
Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice Human Fall Flat
INSIDE LIMBO
Ori & the Will of the Wisps Overcooked! 2
Payday 2: Crimewave Edition Powerwash Simulator
Psychonauts 2 Slay the Spire
Spiritfarer: Farewell Edition Stardew Valley
State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition Superliminal
The Elder Scrolls Online TMNT: Shredder’s Revenge
Unpacking Vampire Survivors
3 Likes

I like this offering and might get this for my son on the OG Xbox, it has a limited enough offering.

1 Like

“OG Xbox” as in an original 1st generation Xbox?

1 Like

Yeah.

No wait, I meant OG XBox One.

#mybad

2 Likes

I knew that, was just ragging you :smiley:

2 Likes