Game Pass | Ultimate • Console • PC • Core

Yip, that’s the way I’m understanding it. In fact, I think the lists specifically doesn’t use the word “exclusive” for that reason. Maybe the same reason for the PS list too?

The “Console Launch Exclusive” tag is probably as you suggest - XBox initially, then PS (and others if possible) a little while later.

And yes, anything PC enabled will release to Win10 through Game Pass at the same time as launching on Xbox.

I’ve got the distinct impression that MS are not too worried about selling consoles, to be honest. The focus is on developing a complete gaming ecology around Game Pass. If you’re at home and have a decent PC/Laptop, play on that. If you want to chill on the couch and show off your huge TV screen, play on Xbox (the newer the console the better, but whatever you have will work initially). If you’re travelling or just want to kill some time in a queue, get access to your Game Pass library on your mobile or tablet through X-Cloud.

4 Likes

Phew, I doubt it. Double Fine is owned my Microsoft now.

3 Likes

Grounded releases on Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Game Pass for PC, Xbox Game Preview, the Microsoft Store, and Steam Early Access at 10AM PDT on July 28th! :house_with_garden:

That’s at 7PM tonight in SA.

3 Likes

That’s awesome I think I’m definitely gonna try it out.

3 Likes

Cool, it’s also a small download at under 4GB

2 Likes

Microsoft’s xCloud game streaming will launch on September 15th on Android in 22 countries.

Of course, South Africa is not one of the 22 initial. countries (it’s pretty much limited to Canada and the US, 19 European countries, and South Korea.) Hopefully this first public phase will go well and the service will expand soon enough.

1 Like

https://www.cheapgamer.co.za/xbox-game-pass-august-2020/

3 Likes

Was just coming to post the same :grinning:

4 Likes

Yours is definitely prettier. :grinning:

3 Likes

A couple of interesting titles on the way over the next couple of weeks…

Available Today

• Microsoft Flight Simulator (PC)
  • Spiritfarer (Console & PC)

20 August

• Battletoads (Console & PC)
  • Crossing Souls (PC)
  • Darksiders: Genesis (PC)
  • Don’t Starve: Giant Edition (Console & PC)

21 August

• New Super Lucky’s Tale (Console & PC)

27 August

• Hypnospace Outlaw (Console & PC)
  • Tell Me Why: Chapter 1 (Console & PC)

28 August

• Double Kick Heroes (Console & PC)
  • Wasteland 3 (Console & PC)

01 September

• Crusader Kings III (PC)

03 September

• Resident Evil 7 Biohazard (Console & PC)

All the details and game descriptions over on Xbox Wire.

3 Likes

Oooooo so happy about Resident Evil 7! Have wanted to buy that for a while now.

2 Likes

Wasn’t this previously on Xbox Game Pass, I’m sure I played it with my kid.

The only one in the list that has my interest.

I’ll try Darksiders Genesis. I love Darksiders, but the game format for Genesis didn’t really appeal to me. But free is free. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I almost forgot about Wasteland 3.

I’ve been itching to play a new CRPG for a while now, hopefully that scratches the itch.

2 Likes

Some fine additions to both Console and PC Game Pass Libraries in the first couple of weeks of September:

Available Today

• Crusader Kings III (PC)

3 September

• The Jackbox Party Pack 4 (Console)
  • Resident Evil 7 Biohazard (Console & PC)
  • Tell Me Why: Chapter Two (Console & PC)
  • Touhou Luna Nights (Console & PC)

8 September

• Star Renegades (PC)

10 September

• Disgaea 4 Complete+ (PC)
  • Hotshot Racing (Console)
  • Tell Me Why: Chapter Three (Console & PC)

Coming Soon™

• Destiny 2: Shadowkeep & Forsaken (Console)
3 Likes

Don’t know if you guys are aware but there is currently a promotion running with Pringles and game pass. You can enter twice per phone number (with the same four digits from one can’s barcode) and each entry gives you 7 days game pass ultimate and an entry into the draw for a series X. They do stack so you can ask family members to enter it for you as well to score some extra time. If you have normal gamepass the first code you redeem will convert your existing susbcription to ultimate before adding time.

4 Likes

Anyone having issues with gamepass? I am trying to download gears but it wont even start. I had to format the drive it was on because it kept bombing out

Haven’t installed anything recently - last time was a week or two ago. No problems then, and the odd thing or two I’ve played through Game Pass (Flight Sim and Tell Me Why) haven’t had issues at all.

Sorry, not much help.

1 Like

I haven’t used Game Pass on pc in quite a while.

1 Like

When I opened it after waking up now Outer Worlds update had an error but I just selected resume installation and it carried on downloading. Has gone up by 10% without any issues so far.

2 Likes