Game Pass | Ultimate • Console • PC • Core

I could check with my son about the difference between the two, but I’m not really up for that lecture :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Went to find out for us, so you don’t have to have your son embarrass his “old man”! :smiley:

Takeaway:

For most casual players, the Bedrock Edition of Minecraft is the way to go. It’s easier to hop into, and is more stable, than the Java Edition. It also allows you to play with other platforms, which is a real plus.

If you’re more of a hardcore Minecraft player and you’re interested in tinkering with the guts of the game, or seeing in-development features before the majority of players, Java Edition is the better choice.

2 Likes

I recently started Minecraft Dungeons… It’s nowhere near a “Minecraft game”, but it’s a hell of a lot of fun.

2 Likes

Thanks the TLDR version is much better.

So it’ll be the bedrock edition for me so I can join the small ones in their game on the xbox

2 Likes

Yeah, dungeons isn’t bad for a light ARPG. My son likes it and actually asked me yesterday to download it so I can play with him.

Coming to Game Pass for PC / Ultimate tomorrow, 19 October.

• Veteran Outriders on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S can transfer progress between console and the Windows version.
  • Progress cannot be transferred to or from the Windows version from any other PC storefront (e.g. Steam) or non-Xbox consoles.
  • Outriders supports Cross Play, allowing you to experience the game with players on other supported platforms.
2 Likes

Got gamepass today, first game I will be playing is Dungeon keeper, why? because it’s that time of the year again, each year I play dungeon keeper just to remind me of how good games could be, and that no matter how many clones there are, it is still the best for its genre, War for the overworld came close, but none ain’t beating Dungeon Keeper

4 Likes

Coming Soon to Game Pass

Available Today (19 October)

• Into the Pit (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox
  • Outriders (PC)

Coming 21 October

• Dragon Ball FighterZ (Cloud and Console)
  • Echo Generation (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox [Game Pass Day 1 Release]
  • Everspace 2 (Game Preview) (PC) ID@Xbox

Coming 28 October

• Age of Empires IV (PC) [Game Pass Day 1 Release]
  • Alan Wake’s American Nightmare (Console and PC)
  • Backbone (Console) ID@Xbox
  • Bassmaster Fishing 2022 (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox [Game Pass Day 1 Release]
  • Nongunz: Doppelganger Edition (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • The Forgotten City (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Leaving Game Pass Soon (31 October)

• Carto (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Celeste (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Comanche (PC)
  • Eastshade (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Five Nights at Freddy’s (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Knights & Bikes (Console and PC)
  • Unruly Heroes (Cloud, Console, and PC)

2 Likes

Also, announced last month, but just confirmed… BIG for fans of the Football Manager franchise :raised_hand:

Football Manager 2022 and Football Manager 2022 Xbox Edition Debut November 9 with Xbox Game Pass!!

Football Manager 2022 and Football Manager 2022 Xbox Edition will launch November 9 with Xbox Game Pass on Day One.

More details and previews on the official site:

2 Likes

Fantastic game!!

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know about outriders, downloading now

1 Like

Forgotten City!!! Yes please, a perfect game for Game Pass.

2 Likes

AW’s American Nightmare only coming to console today. PC release delayed.

:neutral_face: it’s not like there’s nothing else to play on Game Pass!

4 Likes

Coming Soon to Game Pass

New month, new half month announcement of games inbound to the Game Pass library. And there’s some big 'uns this time around too…

Coming 2 November

• Minecraft: Java and Bedrock Editions (PC)
  • Unpacking (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox - Day 1 with GP

Coming 4 November

• It Takes Two (Cloud, Console, PC) EA Play
  • Kill It with Fire (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox

Coming 9 November

• Football Manager 2022 (PC) - Day 1 with GP
  • Football Manager 2022: Xbox Edition (Cloud, Console, and PC) - Day 1 with GP
  • Forza Horizon 5 (Cloud, Console, and PC) - Day 1 with GP

Coming 11 November

• Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas – The Definitive Edition (Console)
  • One Step from Eden (Console and PC) ID@Xbox

ICYMI - Recent Additions, Available Now

• Backbone (Cloud) ID@Xbox
  • Moonglow Bay (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Project Wingman (Cloud and Console)

Leaving Game Pass 15 November

• Final Fantasy VIII HD (Console and PC)
  • Planet Coaster (Cloud and Console)
  • Star Renegades (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Streets of Rogue (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • The Gardens Between (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • River City Girls (Cloud, Console, and PC)

4 Likes

It Takes Two is a nice surprise! And now I can be schooled in Minecraft by my son as he passes on to me the knowledge of the YouTubers.

But the biggy, in terms of hype and hard drive space, is Forza Horizon 5! Looking forward to that

3 Likes

Bit of big news for Warhammer fans:

2 Likes

This is much more interesting news than Age of Empires :wink:

1 Like

Sacrilege! AoE IV is wonderful!

3 Likes

Given the struggles I had installing Forza Horizon 5 this is the best news I’ve heard all day:

3 Likes

Are they finally lifting that kak?

Cos my PC is still showing 5 games installed that I have uninstalled ages ago as well as still showing up after I formatted my xbox games drive

2 Likes