Game Pass | Ultimate • Console • PC • Core

Sorry to add to the “problem”, but I’ve just discovered that there was a rare Thursday Game Pass Coming Soon announcement earlier today… and it has the two Remnant games and ten more on top of that for you to add to the pile.

Available Today

Remnant: From the Ashes (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Making a return to the Game Pass library, Remnant: From the Ashes is a third-person survival action shooter set in a post-apocalyptic world overrun by monstrous creatures. As one of the last remnants of humanity, you’ll set out alone or alongside up to two other survivors to face down hordes of deadly enemies and epic bosses and try to retake what was lost.

Remnant II (Cloud, PC, Xbox Series X|S)
Sequel to the best-selling game Remnant: From the Ashes that pits survivors of humanity against new deadly creatures and god-like bosses across terrifying worlds. Play solo or co-op with two other friends to explore the depths of the unknown to stop an evil from destroying reality itself.

Coming Soon

Spirit of the North (Cloud, Console, and PC) – December 1
Awaken the Spirit of the North and start your journey. Set out on a beautiful and meaningful adventure across landscapes inspired by those in Iceland. Discover a land left in ruin as you’re guided across mountains by the Guardian of the Northern Lights, solving environmental puzzles to uncover what happened to the ancient civilization that once lived there.

SteamWorld Build (Cloud, Console, and PC) – December 1
Available on day one with Game Pass: Break ground on a new frontier as the planet dies around you! Dig deep and build wide to excavate long-lost spacefaring technology, while ensuring everyone has the vital water, fuel and creature comforts they need! Do you have what it takes to reach the final frontier?

Clone Drone in the Danger Zone (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S) – December 5
A robot voxel slice ‘em up where any part of your body can be sliced off. With your mind downloaded into a robot gladiator, you must survive the sinister trials of the arena. Fight up to 15 players in Last Bot Standing, team up for online co-op, or face down the robot emperor in story mode!

Rise of the Tomb Raider (Cloud, Console, and PC) – December 5
Returning to the Game Pass library on December 5! Featuring epic, high-octane action moments set in the most beautifully hostile environments on earth, Rise of the Tomb Raider delivers a cinematic survival action adventure where you will join Lara Croft on her first tomb raiding expedition.

While the Iron’s Hot (Cloud, Console, and PC) – December 5
Available on day one with Game Pass: Step into the boots of a journeyman blacksmith on a quest to become a master and restore a ruined village along the way. This crafty adventure game sends players to the mysterious isle of Ellian, where the world’s finest artisans dwell. While you might forge a few weapons on your journey, this isn’t the kind of game where you wield them – the island’s troubles can all be solved with your wits and crafting moxie.

World War Z: Aftermath (Cloud, Console, and PC) – December 5
A heart-pounding, co-op third-person shooter for up to four players featuring swarms of zombies. Based on the Paramount Pictures film, World War Z focuses on fast-paced gameplay while exploring new storylines from around the world.

Goat Simulator 3 (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S) – December 7
Pilgor’s baaack! Gather your herd and venture forth into Goat Simulator 3, an all-new, totally realistic, sandbox farmyard experience that puts you back in the hooves of no one’s favorite female protagonist.

Against the Storm (PC) – December 8
A dark fantasy city builder where you must rebuild civilization in the face of apocalyptic rains. As the Queen’s Viceroy, lead humans, beavers, lizards, foxes, and harpies to reclaim the wilderness and secure a future for civilization’s last survivors.

Tin Hearts (Cloud, Console, and PC) – December 12
Embark on Lemmings-like puzzles to relive the emotional and heartbreaking story of a genius inventor, Albert Butterworth. Spanning across four distinctive acts with 50+ puzzles masterfully woven throughout a grand Victorian home, steadily uncover a variety of whimsical inventions with unique abilities to provide a safe route of passage for a troop of tin soldiers to travel.

Far Cry 6 (Cloud, Console, and PC) – December 14
Welcome to Yara, a tropical paradise frozen in time. As the dictator of Yara, Antón Castillo is intent on restoring his nation to its former glory by any means necessary, with his son, Diego, following in his bloody footsteps. Their oppressive rule has ignited a revolution. Play as Dani Rojas, a local Yaran, as you fight alongside a modern-day guerrilla revolution to liberate Yara in this open-world first person action-adventure.

Leaving December 15

The following games are leaving soon but that doesn’t mean it has to be goodbye, save up to 20% on these games to keep them in your library and keep the good times going!

• Chained Echoes (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Opus Magnum (PC)
  • Potion Craft: Alchemist Simulator (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Rubber Bandits (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Is anyone on Game Pass Core? Two new additions for you as well:

Chivalry 2 – December 6
A multiplayer, first-person slasher inspired by epic medieval movie battles. You’ll be thrust into the action of every iconic moment of the era — from clashing swords to storms of flaming arrows, to sprawling castle sieges and more. Charge into battle on horseback and claim glory with your blade!

Totally Reliable Delivery Service – December 6
Buckle up your back brace and fire up the delivery truck — it’s time to deliver! Join up to three friends and haphazardly get the job done in an interactive sandbox world. Endure cruel ragdoll physics, pilot your favorite vehicle, and complete the tasks at hand to the best of your ability to attempt your deliveries.

4 Likes

:laughing: The struggle is real.

But anyways, a good selection of releases. I played the SteamWorld Build demo during the latest Steam Next Fest and it was a fun, fairly relaxed city builder with the twist. Glad that’s been added.

Also played Against the Storm a bit, maybe not enough to really get a feel for the game but now I can try the full version.

1 Like

Far Cry 6 is a great game. I loved it. I really enjoyed FC 4-6

2 Likes

Game Pass had 50 Day One releases through 2023.

How many do you think we’ll see in 2024? We’ll start to see the addition of some of the older Activision Blizzard titles for sure. But how many fresh from the oven, Day One releases do you think there’ll be?

Xbox Nation put together this compilation of 30 games that are already known to be, or expected to be, releasing Day One in 2024.

2 Likes

Coming Soon to Game Pass

Thursday, 03 January - Tuesday, 16 January

The first of the new year’s CSTGP announcements is out. And 2024 is starting off with some excellent titles available to Game Pass subscribers over the next two weeks.

Available Today - Wednesday, 3 January

• Close to the Sun (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    Deep in international waters, Tesla’s Helios stands still. An unbound utopia for scientific research, Rose Archer steps aboard in search of her sister, quickly to discover not all is as it seems. Use your wits to guide Rose on her journey to find her sister Ada, overcome dangers unknown to understand the fate of the Helios and its inhabitants in this narrative driven steampunk adventure.

Coming Soon - Thursday, 4 January

• Hell Let Loose (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S)

Squad up and take to the battlefields of World War II in the ever-expanding, hardcore, first-person shooter experience that is Hell Let Loose. Join other players online in epic, 100 player battles, taking place across huge, to-scale maps, where working as a team is a matter of life and death, and the right – or wrong – decision can turn the tide of battle. We’ll see you on the front lines!

Coming Soon - Tuesday, 9 January

• Assassin’s Creed Valhalla (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Become Eivor, a legendary Viking warrior. Explore England’s Dark Ages as you raid your enemies, grow your settlement, and build your political power in the quest to earn a place among the gods in Valhalla in this critically acclaimed entry in the Assassin’s Creed series.

• Figment (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    An action-adventure game that invites you to explore a unique, surreal universe filled with music, humor and a multi-layered narrative. Join Dusty and his ever-optimistic friend, Piper, on an adventure through the different sides of the mind, seeking to restore the courage that’s been lost.

Coming Soon - Thursday, 11 January

• Super Mega Baseball 4 (Cloud, Console, and PC) EA Play
    Super Mega Baseball 4 is coming soon to PC Game Pass and Ultimate via EA Play, so grab your glove and your bat. It’s time to go yard with the best to ever play the game. Hit, pitch, throw, and slide into home plate with the series’ signature combination of arcade-inspired style and immersive gameplay depth.

• We Happy Few (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    Making a return to the Game Pass library! From Compulsion Games, set in a drug-fueled, retro futuristic city in an alternative 1960s England, We Happy Few is an action adventure game in which you hide, fight, and conform your way out of a delusional Joy-obsessed world.

Coming Soon - Tuesday, 16 January

• Resident Evil 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Revisit the critically acclaimed nightmare of Raccoon City in Resident Evil 2 with new visuals, modern gameplay mechanics, and an over-the-shoulder perspective. Join rookie cop Leon S. Kennedy and college student Claire Redfield as they fight to survive a mysterious viral outbreak in Raccoon City that has turned its citizens into terrifying, flesh-eating zombies.

• Those Who Remain (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    As the lights go out, the embers of darkness are stoked in the sleepy town of Dormont. Confront uncomfortable horrors, keep your sanity in check, and survive the night in this story-driven first-person psychological-thriller.

DLC / Game Updates

Available Now

• Dead by Daylight: Chucky
    Game Pass members save 10% on their purchase! Meet your new best friend ‘til the end. Dead by Daylight: Chucky brings an iconic horror legend into The Fog with a new Killer: The Good Guy – Chucky. Purchasing this add-on unlocks an exclusive Charm: Good Guys Box. Wanna play?

• Hello Neighbor 2 Anniversary Update
    To celebrate the recent anniversary of Hello Neighbor 2 there is a new free update to check out. Visit the whole new area – the forest located on the outskirts of Raven Brooks. Explore the church and adjoining graveyard, once a renowned landmark and popular destination for townsfolk, now abandoned and eerily weird. Recent reports of a strange, cloaked figure seen lurking throughout the woods are probably completely unfounded. Are you brave enough to find it out?

• Sea of Thieves: Season Ten
    Sea of Thieves: Season Ten continues with the arrival of a new way to sail! Enjoy playing Safer Seas mode at your own pace, alone or with a crew of friends, immersing yourself in your adventures without interruption. Other crews and greater rewards await in the existing High Seas mode. Learn more here.

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Perks

Available Now

• Sea of Thieves: Nightshine Parrot Pack
    This pack contains the Nightshine Parrot Jacket, Nightshine Parrot Sails, Nightshine Parrot Figurehead, Nightshine Parrot Hat and Nightshine Parrot Cutlass, as well as 10,000 gold to spend in-game.

Leaving Game Pass Soon

The following games are leaving soon, so make sure to tie up any loose ends before they go. Remember to use your membership discount to save up to 20% to keep them in your library.

January 5:

• Grand Theft Auto V (Cloud and Console)

January 15:

• *Garden Story/ (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • MotoGP 22 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Persona 4 Golden (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Persona 3 Portable (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Look forward to the next Game Pass library announcement (probably) on Tuesday, 16 January.

4 Likes

As always, you’re quicker than my Google feed in dishing up the gaming news!

A nice selection of games.

3 Likes

Nice. I still have some playthroughs left on “We Happy Few” that I didn’t get to finish the last time it was on game pass.

1 Like

Coming Soon to Game Pass

Tuesday, 16 January - Tuesday, 6 February

The second round of library additions for January has some zoom-zoom, some Persona, and a Brotato and a Day One Turnip Boy too. Talk about variety gaming…

Available Today - Tuesday, 16 January

• Those Who Remain (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    As the lights go out, the embers of darkness are stoked in the sleepy town of Dormont. Confront uncomfortable horrors, keep your sanity in check, and survive the night in this story-driven, first-person psychological-thriller.

Coming Soon - Thursday, 18 January

• Turnip Boy Robs a Bank (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    Available Day One with Game Pass
    Turnip Boy is back! This time he’s teaming up with the Pickled Gang to plan and execute the weirdest heist of all time. Shake down hostages, steal valuables, battle the fuzz, and use wacky tools bought off the dark web to move further into the vaults of the Botanical Bank.

• F1 23 (Console and PC) EA Play
    9EA Sports’ F1 23* is coming soon to PC Game Pass and Ultimate via EA Play. Test your driving talents, create your dream team, and be the last to brake in the official video game of the 2023 FIA Formula One World Championship.

F1 23 Image

Coming Soon - Friday, 19 January

• Palworld (Cloud, Console, PC)
    Embark on an open-world adventure through Palworld, where you can discover and capture over 100 Pals! Unveil the secrets of this mysterious land, overcome formidable bosses, and build powerful bases. Use your Pals to do tasks for you and automate entire production lines.

Palworld Image

Coming Soon - Thursday, 25 January

• *Go Mecha Ball (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    Load up and roll out in this twin stick shooter with roguelike progression! Blast your way through arcade-style levels, using pinball-style physics mixed with an arsenal of devastating weapons. Defeat waves of enemy bots, battle big bosses, and upgrade your mech between runs.

Coming Soon - Tuesday, 30 January

• Brotato (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    A top-down roguelite arena shooter where you play a potato wielding up to 6 weapons at a time to fight off hordes of aliens. Choose from a variety of traits and items to create unique builds and survive until help arrives.

Coming Soon - Friday, 2 February

• Persona 3 Reload (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    If I told you there was an hour “hidden” between one day and the next, would you believe me? Walk the delicate line between life and death and unravel the mysteries of the Dark Hour in Persona 3 Reload, a captivating reimagining of the genre-defining RPG, reborn for the modern era.

Persona 3 Reload Image

Coming Soon - Tuesday, 6 February

• Anuchard (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    The kingdom of Anuchard has fallen. Generations after the collapse, its surviving descendants have chosen you to become The Bellwielder of the magical Audros Bell. Go forth, battle monsters, solve puzzles, and restore Anuchard to its former skyward glory!

DLC / Game Updates

Tuesday, 30 January

• Dead By Daylight: Alan Wake
    Game Pass members save 10% off Alan Wake in Dead by Daylight. From one Dark Place to another. Dead by Daylight: Alan Wake brings bestselling author Alan Wake into The Fog.

• Naraka: Bladepoint - Season 11 Bundle – Available Now
    Boost your wardrobe with Xbox headgear, rare cosmetics from new season treasures, and three legendary skins with free trials! Get a head start in Season 11 with experience boost cards!

• Turbo Golf Racing - Pet Pack – Available now
    Drive off in the Pupps Car Body, Goldie Ball, Guzzle Shield, Knots Spoiler, Treats Wheels, Paws Decal, Fur Finish, and Kibble Boost. This Perk content requires Turbo Golf Racing to use.

Leaving Soon - Wednesday, 31 January

The following game is leaving soon, so make sure you knock out some contracts or grab a few more achievements before it goes. You can even save up to 20% on your purchase to keep it in your library to keep the good times going.

• Hitman: World of Assassination (Cloud, Console, and PC)

The next Game Pass library announcement should be on Tuesday, 6 February.

1 Like

I looked at the screenshots, and its honestly just Pokemon with guns and industrialization, count me in.

3 Likes

Agreed, I was looking at this just the other day. Looks roarsome!

2 Likes

Looking forward to it!

4 Likes

Still never played the first.

1 Like

Definitely worth it if you get a chance. Fantastic atmosphere and feel of desperate survival.

The console edition is on Game Pass

2 Likes

Its on game pass now!

1 Like

Palworld is pretty decent. It has bugs, the AI is sleepy but once you get past the jarring effect of having textureless plastic animal toys running around in a UE4 textured world, it grows on you.

1 Like

I have been watching some gameplay and while it looks intriguing, you can tell it is early access. The biggest gripe I can tell will be interface and usability therein.

1 Like

I have spent a whole day’s worth of time in it, and I am having a great time, having an SMG wielding chipmunk on top of my head pop’n some caps in asses is quite great.

Speaking of UI, the main menu does not feature an “Exit” or “Quit Game” button, I can leave a world easily, but I have to alt-f4 to actually exit the game XD.

Definitely agree it is very much still Early access, Pals struggle sometimes with pathing, they don’t seem to stick with the jobs I assign them all the time, they do work, but they tend to do go around doing all the jobs they can, not really a big issue, but some multi-talented Pals end up doing multiple jobs for like 1 minute each instead of doing 1 job well, causing some resources to be a bit lacking, however I quickly solved that by getting specialized pals that can only do one job.

Waiting on my brother to get the game as well so we can try the multiplayer and see how that works.

I have at least gotten to the point where I can just leave the base to my pals as they are completely self sufficient which is quite satisfying.

1 Like

A LOT of people seem to be enjoying it!

2 Likes

Coming Soon to Game Pass

Tuesday, 6 February - Tuesday, 20 February

New month, new games being added to (and some being removed from) the Game Pass library in the first half of the month. GP subscribers can look forward to some football (American style), a little cooking, some evil horror, and a train or two too.

Available Today - Tuesday, 6 February

• Anuchard (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    The kingdom of Anuchard has fallen. Generations after the collapse, its surviving descendants have chosen you to become The Bellwielder of the magical Audros Bell. Go forth, battle monsters, solve puzzles, and restore Anuchard to its former skyward glory!

Coming Soon - Wednesday, 7 February

• Train Sim World 4 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    Hit high speeds, roam free along the tracks and get creative with a host of new tools and features in Train Sim World 4. Design your own liveries, plan Scenarios and capture railfan shots with the new Photo Mode across three detailed routes in the UK, Austria and USA.

Coming Soon - Thursday, 8 February

• Madden NFL 24 (Console and PC) EA Play

Get ready to light it up in Madden NFL 24 with EA Play. PC Game Pass or Ultimate members can start your season on February 8, 2024, when it joins The Play List, and from then until March 8, you’ll also score an Ultimate Team Supercharge Pack.

Coming Soon - Tuesday, 13 February

• Resident Evil 3 (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Jill Valentine is one of the last remaining people in Raccoon City to witness the atrocities Umbrella performed. To stop her, Umbrella unleashes their ultimate secret weapon; Nemesis! Playing as Jill, you must navigate through the chaotic, zombie infested streets of Raccoon City, stunningly re-built using Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine. Solve puzzles, encounter other gruesome creatures and try to escape the relentless Nemesis in this reimagining of the 1999 classic!

Coming Soon - Wednesday, 14 February

• A Little To The Left (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    A cozy puzzle game where every day messes become pleasing puzzle arrangements. Stack documents, sort postcards, and solve all kinds of puzzles across over 100 levels. But watch out for a playful cat who might stop by to swipe away all your hard work!

• Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    Returning to the Game Pass library, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is an exploration-focused, side-scroller action RPG packing all the best features you’ve come to know and love from the metroidvania genre into a single, content-packed game.

Coming Soon - Thursday, 15 February

• PlateUp! (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Classic cooking action with permanent roguelite progression. Cook and serve your dishes, design and decorate your restaurants, and expand your culinary kingdom with unlocks, abilities and dishes in procedurally-generated layouts. Take on the challenge solo or hire up to 3 friends.

Coming Soon - Tuesday, 20 February

• Return to Grace (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    A daring space archaeologist has just unearthed the ancient resting place of a long lost A.I. god known as Grace. Adventure with various fractured A.I. personalities as you uncover the great mystery of why she was shut down all those years ago in this first-person narrative adventure set in a visually stunning ‘60s retro sci-fi world.

DLC and Game Updates

• Sea of Thieves: Season 11 – Available Now
    New adventures are at your fingertips! Discover your next Voyage directly at your Quest Table, or choose a challenge that suits you and dive straight into the action. Gather fresh plunder for the Trading Companies as you rise to level 100 and beyond, earning new Distinctions and rich rewards.

• Mighty Doom: Cacodemon Mini Slayer Cosmetic – Available now
    Wear this Cacodemon cosmetic on your Mini Slayer to show those demons you mean business! Comes with an Xbox cosmetic for the BFG, Cacodemon cosmetic for the Heavy Cannon and more. Download Mighty Doom on mobile, and log into the game with your associated Microsoft account to claim your Perk. You will need to play through the tutorial at first launch.

• F1 23: Champions Upgrade – Available now
    Get the Champions Upgrade including 4 New My Team Racing Icons and more with your EA Play membership included with Game Pass Ultimate.

• The Sims 4: Jungle Adventure Pack – Available now
    Help celebrate The Sims 4’s 24th birthday with us! As a gift to you, enjoy the Jungle Adventure Game Pack with your EA Play membership included with Game Pass Ultimate.

• Smite: Year 11 Starter Pack – Available now
    Celebrate Year 11 of Smite in style! The Year 11 Starter Pack includes Anubis and his Voice Pack, as well as two skins for Anubis, Gravehound and Cosmic Power, and a 3 Day Account Booster.

Leaving Soon - Thursday, 15 February

The following games are leaving the Game Pass library soon, so make sure to jump back in and take care of remaining Achievements before they leave. Remember to use your membership discount to save up to 20% to keep them in your library.

• Galactic Civilizations III (PC)
  • Opus: Echo of Starsong (Cloud, Console, and PC)

New Game Pass additions should make their appearance on Tuesday, 20 Febraury.

2 Likes

New games on Game Pass!

/proceeds to play Against the Storm for another 100 hours

3 Likes