Game Tester: Test Games for Fun and XP

1 Like

Ya I am using a emulator for that game and getting graphics errors. Will see how it goes.

1 Like

Anyone able to make any progress with the Ragnarok V game? Got into the starting area, auto walked to talk to someone, can’t read anything on screen, text all overlayed, no audio, and my character is stuck in place. I’m going to have to cancel.

yea i get occasional black screens when scene changes, i suspect its coz i ignored bluestakcs when it said “this game needs higher graphics, wanna change your graphics to match?” i said no, coz im trying to emulate my specific phone which should be able to handle it :stuck_out_tongue:

im lvl 8, and basically not doing anything besides click to auto walk or auto attack stuff…its a lame boring game and i plan on telling them.

i DID say on my profile i dont like jrpg’s, i dont like strategy games as much. oh well :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Y same here and then I loged a ticket and they unlocked the test

1 Like

Should these games not at least be in a playable state before you send it out to testers like this?

It varies. Depending on the stage of development that they are in. This one virtual conference program they had us testing was the buggiest mess ever, in which no one could complete the testing objectives. What was pretty fun about that one was chatting in-game to the other testers from all over the world about how rubbish the software was.

Didn’t realise that was an option. What do you mean by “they unlocked the test”?

I guess part of the reason is to get early feedback on an app or game from as wide a variety of testers, with as many different models of phone or computer as possible. This Ragnarok V test we’re talking about was a non- starter for me, but it clearly worked better for others.

mean I could click on complete test even thought I never got past level 1 and did not meet the requirements

1 Like

Next test, iOS game. Even though I specifically stated I don’t have an iOS device and have put in my profile i dont have it…

Whats the point of filling out those profiles that mean “only relevant tests will come your way” if htey dont do that and it seems these “blanket” tests to boost download numbers are the only tests that happen.

I’m really starting to get “advertising over testing” from this site :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I haven’t followed this discussion much if at all.

I signed up for Game Tester years ago, I have never had a successful test or scenario and I regret doing so. My experience since has been very poor, to say the least. The only thing I have gotten out of it is emails that simply come across as advertising, I cannot find any way to opt-out nor unsubscribe from them.

1 Like

And I, who do have iOS as an option, didn’t crack an invite at all.

I probably should go back to the original article and add a YMMV paragraph.

1 Like

I mean they TELL you if you dont have an iOS device please decline the invite…then when you decline the invite they’re like “please tell us why”.

So i told 'em :smiley:

3 Likes

There’s an option in the Settings section in the app to Close your account. I’m guessing the same should be available on the web site.

2 Likes

Wow… for a company that promotes testing, essentially QA, they really need a lesson in their own practices. The usability of their site and practices are shockingly bad.

This comes through AFTER I had closed my account. Sorry, but I refuse to entertain these practices when a product or service cannot respect its own user base. This being one reason why I never used their service years ago, little has changed.

2 Likes

Anyone been able to do some of those “timed” tests? im sad i am not able to do those, wouldve helped me nicely get more gold for a new case i wanna try get from the shop to see how legit they are :stuck_out_tongue:

timed test?

I have had 3 tests now that seemed to be server/multiplayer stress tests, where you have to log in and play at a specific time (it was always 1pm in the week while im at work :stuck_out_tongue: ). obviously if you cant guarantee you’ll be logging in at that time you shouldnt accept the test. so yea, a few of those have gone by now. i’d easily have 15k gold :frowning:

1 Like

Ya I have been doing them. Nice thing about working from home

1 Like

These ones?

Breakroom Testing - Install Application for Orange Release #3

Estimated duration: 45 minutes

This test must be done at exactly this date and time: 14 March 2022 12:00 PM.
Only accept this test if you will be able to complete the test at that time.

You have 2 hours to submit your feedback from the start time shown above.

Yeah, same as you - been invited to all four of them now. Mondays at noon is not the best time for me either so I haven’t done any of them.