[GameClub 17] Far Cry 4

My completion tendencies are making me hunt down every ? on the map. These eagles keep flying off with boars. It’s the funniest thing.

Anyone gone up the frozen mountain yet?

1 Like

So I bought it on special, and started it

DONE! took 20 minutes :smiley:

what…the special ending doesn’t count?
Oh…

K playing it properly
liberated my first tower this evening, will play some more over the weekend

3 Likes

Haven’t played at all this week. First work and then load shedding getting in the way.

2 Likes

Finishing 5 first then will go over to 4

2 Likes

Gotta say, I’m not finding this “fun” in any way. unlocked wingsuit, have silenced AR, best bow, and am just cleaning up wherever I go. If the cut scenes were skippable, i’d be skipping them. I care little for the story. It really feels like its far cry 3 but in mountains where eagles take out entire villages.

Only cool thing to happen so far was right after a random “skirmish” the friendly reinforcements came a little too late (i’d killed all enemies) in their truck and just absolutely BARRELED into the friendly’s standing on the road firing into the air, killing like 2 of them…then they casually got out the car and started firing in the air :smiley:

4 Likes

Gotta say I share this sentiment. The more I play the more I realize I could be playing something else. It’s going to be a real struggle to finish this one.

3 Likes

I feel like Blood Dragon was a more polished and “different” game than this one. I really don’t feel like it deserves the “4” title.

3 Likes

Haha yeah the eagles are crazy in this game.

2 Likes

I technically finished the game - I got one of the endings 15mins into the game - so I did complete this :stuck_out_tongue:
I got it accidentally when I went to make coffee and forgot to pause the game.

I will try the game further tho, just sad that the main story is not co-op.

3 Likes

Hey! Thats my joke!

4 Likes

Hahaha I forgot you found it as well!

2 Likes

I still say we finished the game :stuck_out_tongue:

Just encountered my first real bug (apart from larger animals SOARING into the sky like balloons when the physics tells them they’re dead and should ragdoll, that has yet to NOT happen) where I fast travelled to somewhere and the game just ended up being stuck on the loading screen and scrolling through the help tips at like 3 every 2 seconds. had to force close :frowning:

1 Like

So I unlocked the Predator, found the main campaign missions again (I swear they HIDE them on the map at times, forcing you to do the shitty side-fill crap) and completed the Arena tutorial.
After that i was like “eh, whatevs” and just ghost sniped 2 forts despite the game repeatedly warning me about how i should complete more campagn missions to make it easier. really? my sniper 1 shots heavies and you think im gonna struggle against 2 heavies and a handful of foot soldiers that can’t tell where i am?

Am I the only one still playing this one :confused:

ALSO, If I knew that murdering the forts stopped the “nearby outpost under attack” i wouldve done it WAY sooner.

2 Likes

I seem to be the only one that is enjoying this game. Haven’t gone up the mountain the first time yet. I want to unlock some of the blue missions first. I’m avoiding the special all yellow guns, to add some difficulty (Far Cry 3, 4 and 5 have perma easy mode). The environment is gorgeous. Pagan Min is awesome, but the 2 main supporting characters are annoying. I’m going for all sneak attack outposts only. Also, I burnt down half the country side, cos a leopard attacked me, and I panic threw a molotov.

Looking forward to the buzzer, though I think that’s late game. I remember loading up on loads of grenades, flying the buzzer around, and dropping them on enemies.

1 Like

I also enjoy it and am still playing. Have no idea how far I am in the game. Got more than half the outposts and did the first fort.

1 Like

is the buzzer the little helicopter? thats been available to me since like the 2nd outpost.

1 Like

I have now liberated all the outposts and did all the belltowers. So from here it’s just story missions.

2 Likes

I had to first do story missions that allow us to take the bridge. so today i flew around to towers and outposts and grabbed a fort, at least now i have some travel points to make story missions quicker :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I just finished it and well the ending was just as underwhelming as the game. I think I played it too long after it was released. Far Cry 3 and 5 were both amazing. Far Cry 4, well, it was alright.

There’s apparently 4 different endings. It ended a bit abruptly really.

2 Likes