[GameClub 17] Far Cry 4

Game Club is like a book club for games. We get together and play a game during a set period, from start to finish. You’ll get a badge to proudly display on your forum profile if you finish the game in time and discuss it in the forum.

We also sometimes chat on Discord in the evenings while we play. Buy the game (if you don’t have it already), play it, join our chats in the evenings, be happy and content with the world. The chats are optional, but posting in the forum is not.

Usually each Game Club goes through a series of nominations and voting, but there was enough interest in Far Cry 4 that I thought people might appreciate starting it right away.

According to HowLongToBeat.com doing everything in Far Cry 4 will take you 31 to 45 hours, so let’s give everyone until the end of November to finish it.

You don’t have to specially sign up to participate. Just click on the RSVP button at the top of this topic and/or say you’d like to join in a reply.

(The participants list is just notes we make to keep track of who’s playing to make it easy to check who finished the game so they can get their forum badge.)

Participants:
@Deadlypinecone, @Wyvern, @oltman, @DieGrootHammer, @GregRedd, @aldyr, @Solitude

Champions:

6 Likes

That RSVP button is pretty cool. Oh man, where am I going to find the time for this? Haha will join though.

2 Likes

Hmm I do have this in my library (bought at launch) and I’ve never finished it but I don’t know if I have the time or patience for it. Will think about it.

2 Likes

Don’t have the game so not going to participate, but i know of a “secret” ending to the game that allows you to finish the game in about 10-20 min, I can give a hint to it, if you guys want.

2 Likes

I started playing last night. Just love the Far Cry games. Far Cry 5 was so good.

2 Likes

I’m downloading it but don’t put me down for the club just yet. It’s a more a curiosity thing since my PC could never handle the game very well. Just wanna see and feel what it’s like. I don’t have time for all the games I’m playing.

3 Likes

I’ve already played about 9 hours of the game, and have completed a bunch of missions and cleared a bunch of camps. Should I restart to join this game club?

4 Likes

Personally I don’t think it’s necessary to restart since the more people who play, the better.

3 Likes

Okay cool. Because at the moment I’ve unlocked a bunch of stuff and would actually hate to have to restart. I’ve not done a lot of story missions so that’s not the issue, but I’ve already got some cool guns that I would hate to have to unlock again.

3 Likes

Can I make a suggestion? I have played the game, and only joined cos this is one of my all time favs :smile:

Do some hunting early on, to help expand how much you can carry.

5 Likes

Now I’m curious to get back into the game as well… I played it quite some time ago, but never completed it. In fact, I don’t think I got more than 25% into the game. However, like @DieGrootHammer, I wouldn’t want to redo most of that. So I’ll just join in and complete the game, even if I don’t qualify for a badge, trophy or whatever it is GameClub awards these days.

3 Likes

Jip, early on I realized this game is just FC3 in a different environment, so spent a lot of time hunting and finding all the different animals. Got most of the upgrades that I’d use now, and only either the special hunting missions or story missions stuff is left. Also good to go and take out a bunch of towers just to get the free weapons, although money is not an issue at all in the game.

4 Likes

And now time for some spoiler and story discussion. PLEASE don’t read if you haven’t played the first few story missions:

Okay so I completed the first two choice selection missions. The first one I selected to go for the information and not protecting the camp, following the dude (can’t remember their names right now). The second one I selected to follow the dude and not the woman’s mission, burning the fields. And while I did enjoy the follow up cinematic, there hasn’t been any real consequences to the choices. So my question is whether or not these questions do have weight later on in the game, or not. Because I’d like to side with one side only when doing future missions.

2 Likes

Went in to the game and my old save is still there. Sitting at around 30% completion. It’s so much better when the game runs smoothly and doesn’t lag. I’ll see how I feel after work tonight, maybe I’ll play a mission or two to decide if I’m gonna join. I also won’t restart though.

2 Likes

For those who I dont have yet - WyvernZA

1 Like

It’s fun getting back into the game. I’m powering through main missions right now, contrary to my usual completionist attempt. I’m at 47% completion currently and my approach is always to do outposts and towers first. It makes fast travel for campaign missions quicker. I’ve unlocked the whole of Southern Kyrat so far, but need to do more missions before I can go North.

2 Likes

Ive only done a little, even tho the game is the same as 5, 5 is definitely more polished. But it is still fun. The only thing that really irritates me so far is the screen size. And for some reason mine wont run in full screen mode

1 Like

I’ve done all the towers and outposts in the southern region. Currently busy with story missions.

I really like the Far Cry games. Far Cry 5 is a lot better than 4 but still enjoying the game a lot.

3 Likes

My brain hurts

3 Likes

I haven’t played any FC4 again, but I should definitely go back and finish it. It’s a fun game, but not nearly as fun as FC3 or FC5 for me. I don’t know the story is just so removed from the rest of the world and after that whole discussion about cognitive dissonance I struggle to enjoy my time fully with the game.

2 Likes