[GameClub 20] Torchlight III

I mean I was initially surprised to see it on console as my initial thoughts was that it was still in early access.

3 Likes

I did enjoy the game at first but now I’ve sort of lost interest. It’s not a bad game by any means but after playing for 30 min - 1 hour in a sitting I start to get bored. It is a small game so I’ll keep it on the console and come back to it.

Incidentally, I bought Torchlight II on PC the day it released but only finished it for the first time last year when I was playing on Switch.

3 Likes

I finished the game yesterday. It was fun. Actually it was more fun than I thought it would be. It was also seriously buggy on the Series X. I had all kinds of problems. Even got stuck in some scenery once.

Also I became super powerful. Bosses lasted mere seconds. I think I broke the difficulty a bit with my electricity build. And I focused all of my gear on doing damage. I didn’t put any skill points on anything but electricity.

Torchlight III actually made me excited for the new Diablo.

4 Likes

PC version coming to game pass so I will definitely download it and finish it there for game club. Hopefully it runs great on my PC and with less technical issues than Xbox.

3 Likes

I completely forgot to say I finished it again!

1 Like

Sweet. I downloaded the PC version on game pass and much to my surprise it has cross save between Xbox and PC so I don’t have to start a new game. I can just continue from where I left off.

4 Likes

That’s pretty cool!

1 Like

So I gave it a shot on XGP and… it’s kinda crap. It’s incredibly buggy and I keep missing gold or mined resources even when running over them numerous times and several times they got stuck in level geometry and even dropping to levels below me that I can’t access. The controller is super sensitive in the menu and I keep jumping 2 or 3 options when pressing the triggers or bumpers. I uninstalled it after sbout 45 minutes.

2 Likes

Yeah something is definitely up with collecting gold and loot. I didn’t experience it on Xbox but on PC I can’t seem to pick up gold. It just lies there in the ground no matter how many times I run over it. Sometimes I click on items and it won’t pick them up either. I’ll still play it though.

1 Like