[GameClub] Black Mesa

I didnt find it :frowning: Not gonna go back just for that

1 Like

There’s a shelf by the sink. I think above it?

The achievement was called Brownian Motion

2 Likes

Also doing the achievement hunter thingy :mechanical_arm: but I suck with nades so yeah bye bye to that one

I was able to do that early on… theres a point where you go down a slow slanted lift, with headcrabs jumping down from above…there’s definitely more than 5 total there :wink:

1 Like

for achievement purposes you can always just start a new game (maybe after the tram, not sure), and just run straight there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wait before inserting the specimen

2 Likes

And the whole place overloads :rofl:

1 Like

Some more exploits filled with headwear happiness!

I LOVE the small details like this. Once you’re in this location you’ll see a distinct lack of headcrabs, barnacles and such…and the dead scientists you’ll find will always have bullet holes etc. due to military doing their sweep. Notice how all stall doors have been shot, just in case (as was the case) someone was hiding in them. I really love details like this and it shows that the people making this are the right people :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’ll be starting tonight. I remember so much of Half Life 2 but just about nothing of Half Life so this will be interesting.

1 Like

I remember playing Half Life 2 a couple of years ago for the first time and found it quite awesome. The story and everything.
I’m not really getting the same feeling with this game though (it is “older” than HL2 though, so I guess that makes sense).
The game is ok, but wouldn’t mind to get finished now.

2 Likes

I’m just a bit further than here. Escaped the walls closing in and think I’ve managed to leave this room.
I’m only playing on weekends between 22:00 and 05:00, in-between feedings and nappy changes. :weary:

3 Likes

Congrats! Forgot the twins are born now! Did you share it anywhere that I might’ve missed?

3 Likes

No he hasnt . . . - how rude!

2 Likes

I’m just after the part where they jump you and try to kill you.

Don’t know how far that is but yeah I think almost done :mechanical_arm:

1 Like

Since my motherboard on my desktop won’t POST, I got my laptop up and running again. Unfortunately the cloud sync didn’t work on steam so I had to start over. Thankfully I hadn’t made it very far…

3 Likes

Thats exactly the photo that Viper quoted on where I’m staring up at my faithful companion thats waiting for me out of harms way.

1 Like

Thanks, but no, not yet. Things have been quite hectic. They came early (end of June) due to my wife’s health so they were in ICU for just over 2 weeks which saw me travelling up and down every day. Was quite hectic.
They’re finally home now though and I’m slowly getting back to my PC (and work).

I’ll look for a thread to post in or create a new one with some pictures.

2 Likes

Here’s a nice combat shot:

And no “wheres purple wally” in this one, just thought i’d ask maybe the older folks here… doesn’t this give you massive Commander Keen vibes? :smiley:

2 Likes

Thats definitely the dopefish!

3 Likes

Until one comes at you with its mouth open. Then it becomes the “nopefish”.

1 Like