[GameClub] Black Mesa

Welcome to Game Club. The first rule of Game Club is to tell as many people as you can about it… The second rule of Game Club is to tell… you get the idea.

Game Club is like a book club for games. We get together and play a game during a specific time period. From the start to the finish. Sometimes there are awards that get displayed on your profile. We also chat in the evenings while we play and it’s a lot of fun. Buy it, play it, join our chats in the evenings, be happy and content with the world.

The game we will be playing this round is Black Mesa. Voting happened here and here.

We will start playing on the 1st of July and will have until the end of August to finish the game.

Those who wish to participate can say so now and I will add you to the list. If you voted for the game during the voting phase then you are automagically entered. Everyone’s welcome!

Participants: @czc, @DieGrootHammer, @Deadlypinecone, @Mottamort, @MetalSoup, @Solitude, @Wyvern, @TechThief, @Sweepslag, @Viper, @DarthMol, @murfle, @1nF4m0u5

Champtions: @TechThief, @1nF4m0u5, @Mottamort, @Viper, @SIGSTART

6 Likes

by the way!, I just saw that Black Mesa Xen is in technical beta phase

2 Likes

I beg your pardon @Solitude?

2 Likes

I have no idea what you are talking about. :blush:

2 Likes

I’m on to you, G-Man.

3 Likes

I’m keen, especially since the game is going for so cheap in the Steam Sale.

2 Likes

Downloading now. Estimate was 19GBs but now steam is only downloading 7.1GB. I’m down with that.

3 Likes

Dam how did I forget about this even had it booked marked. This is the perfect place to post it as well!
Go on and click it :stuck_out_tongue:
https://www.projectborealis.com/#

3 Likes

I see that the Black Mesa devs, too, are people of culture.

They use Discourse for their forums :grin:

3 Likes

I have created the badge for this #gameclub. Currently it is called “Followed Standard Insertion Procedures”. Like with all GameClubs, you will be able to use the badge as a title.

All moderators should be able to grant the badge, and it works as follows:

1. On the post where someone announces that they have finished, expand the menu ("…") and click the :wrench: (wrench)

2. Click on Grant Badge

3. Scroll to the relevant badge in the drop-down menu, click it, and then click the Grant button.

Grant Badge dialog

5 Likes

Excellent example post you used there. So you have to finish the game to earn the badge? Damn… Will need to overcome my FPS handicap.

2 Likes

Welcome to day one then. The game is still very cheap for anyone who does not have it yet.

I’m strangely excited to start playing this. Just need to stop playing F1…

4 Likes

Thanks @SIGSTART!

And enjoy the game everyone! Remember to let me know if you are participating and you aren’t in the list.

3 Likes

I’m not sure if I should get started on the stable build or download the beta build for the bit of Xen

2 Likes

Just got my pay so will buy and download today. I still have the free version that was given long ago when the project started

2 Likes

I can confirm that I will be participating!

2 Likes

I’m also in!

2 Likes

I started last night. Was stuck for a while at the platform and I felt like an idiot when I figured it out.

2 Likes

Hahaha so glad it wasnt just me - I kept dying there cos I cant do the jump

What the heck is the attack button? Also have you found a weapon besides the stupid flares?

1 Like

I’ve got a crowbar and pistol now.

1 Like