[GameClub] Game 10 Nominations

The current Game Club, Assassin’s Creed Origins will continue until the end of June.

For those who don’t know: Game Club is like a book club for games. We get together and play a game during a specific time period. From the start to the finish. Sometimes there are awards that gets displayed on your profile. We also chat in the evenings while we play and it’s a lot of fun. Buy it, play it, join our chats in the evenings, be happy and content with the world. The chats are optional though as long as you post in the Game Club threads.

It used to be called MyGame over at MyGaming where we have played 11 of these.

First, nominate 3 games that you would like to be the next Game Club game. You have to nominate 3 otherwise your nominations don’t count. You can change your nominations as often as you want until the 16th of June. The games with the most nominations will then go into a poll and people can vote for the next Game Club. Game Club Game 10 will start on the 1st of July. Everyone who participate will have to start the game from the beginning.

Please pick all the games that you would be willing to play in Game Club 10.

• Black Mesa
  • Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
  • Dark Souls 3
  • Half Life
  • Magicka
  • Mass Effect
  • Metro 2033
  • Mutant Year Zero
  • Subnautica
  • The Witcher 2

0 voters

1 Like

1.Yakuza 0
2.The Witcher 2
3. Dark Souls 3

1 Like
  1. Elder Scrolls Oblivion
  2. Half Life 1 (one day it will win lol)
  3. TBC - The Witcher 2 (see below)

Slow down on the Witcher 2 nominations. I have not finished 1 lol

1 Like
  1. Black Mesa
  2. Witcher 2
  3. Metro 2033 (Redux!)
1 Like

Witcher 2
Mutant Year Zero
Subnautica

1 Like

Metro 2033
Witcher 2
Dark Souls 3

1 Like

Get on it then man! I’m busy playing Witcher 1 right now and I’ll make sure I finish before end of this month so I’m good for Witcher 2 GameClub. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

As some of you know, I don’t like the Witcher. But, I want to give it a try again. So it will actually be nice if it wins. I only ever played the first one and didn’t complete it.

3 Likes

I started it, am loving Witcher 1. Need to find it for Xbone so I can play under a blanket. Getting cold in the mountains

1 Like

Sadly the first game is PC only, there was plans for a remake/port at some point but CDPR wasn’t happy with the work the third party studio was doing so they shelved it indefinitely.

TW2 is fully backwards compatible on Xbone though. So when it wins you can play it there.

1 Like
  1. Magicka
  2. Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
  3. Black Mesa
  1. Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
  2. Mass Effect
  3. Mass Effect 2

Sure, “cold in the mountains”. It has nothing to do with the adult scenes in the game, amirite? /wink wink, nude nudge

3 Likes

The first one is ok, but nothing compared to Witcher 2 and 3. I didn’t really care for the combat or graphics in the first one, but I managed to finish it. I remember back before Witcher 2 was released, on some forums they were still comparing Witcher to Dragon Age and debating which sequel was going to be better. After Witcher 2 got released, I doubt that it was ever compared to Dragon Age again.

I would really like to play the first one just for the background story since I don’t remember it anymore, but can’t see myself playing it again. I wish they would remake it on the Red engine. The nice part about the first game (that I remember) is that the ending or post-credits ending was quite cool and leads directly into Witcher 2.

2 Likes
  1. Black Mesa
  2. Mass Effect
  3. Magicka
2 Likes

I haven’t got there yet - guess what I am doing tonight lol

That’s a matter of opinion. Lots of people prefer Witcher 1 to 2. For me it is far better than OK, it is amazing. I am one of the few people who actually like the combat system. The story in Witcher 1 is vastly superior to that of Witcher 2. While lots of people hated that you needed to read books about plants and monsters before being able to “harvest” them, I loved that mechanic as well. Oils and potions also make a huge difference in the game. Yesterday I was fighting the Ifrit in the swamp and without oils he killed me in 2 seconds. So, I loaded a save, made some specter oil and then I wrecked him in 5 seconds.

2 Likes

Then I am putting oblivion down to play witcher.
I don’t know what that style of game is called (oblivion/witcher etc) but colour me nerd it is my new fave

1 Like
  1. Magicka
  2. Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
  3. ?
1 Like

Also, The Witcher 2 is currently R32.85 on Steam. Come on friends, for R33 what have you got to lose?

1 Like